The Associate Director Regional Market Access assumes responsibility for building and maintaining relationships with payers, hospital pharmacies and local decision-makers (e.g. GKV, KV, PKV, MDK) to ensure patient access to our therapies. She/he will work closely with the Director Regional Market Access Germany to support national access strategies and associated tactics. They will develop and leverage tools, materials and messages to unblock funding issues for single patients or patient groups in Germany, in coordination with the Sales and Medical Team and in alignment with Alexion’s regional Market Access strategy. They will furthermore define tools and materials needed to best support physicians as well as the regional account teams aligned with market access strategies and imperatives.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of regional access strategies and driving implementation of the local key account plan for all Alexion products and indications, both for in- and out-patient care – in close cooperation with the Director Regional Market Access Germany and cross functionally (Sales, Marketing, Medical, and Patient Advocacy)
- Leading all operational aspects of executing the Market Access strategy for the assigned region
- Building and maintaining relationships with Regional Payers/Payer organizations and Drug Evaluation committees to ensure patient acces to Alexion’s products.
- Establishing strong working relationships in hospitals with hospital pharmacists and/or related buying groups, hospital controlling departments, the regional association of statutory health insurance physicians, TOP account retail pharmacists and other regional decision makers to reduce funding barriers.
- Remaining up-to-date regarding the external market access environment.
- Organizing and managing events with the above-mentioned customer groups in collaboration with the regional teams.
- Planing, managing and monitoring all defined projects, including but not limited to: processing of contracts & agreements with sick funds in alignment with cross-functional departments such as Finance, Legal, Customer Service.
- Providing training and information on relevant policies and regulations to sales and external customers.
- Participating in the development of the regional account plans, together with other field-based teams (Sales and Medical) under the coordination of the Area Manager.
- Maintaining presence in the field, interacting with field staff gathering and sharing relevant information for the development and implementation of action plans.
- Together with the cross-functional brand teams, assessing the need and develop new materials and messages that help the field teams to unblock budget/funding issues in hospital and retail accounts.
- Organize events such as commercial meetings, access related round-table meetings in hospitals and out-patient care setting or similar
- Ability to train sales teams on relevant topics and act as speaker in regional events
- Perform and deliver against KPIs
You will need to have:
- Master’s or advanced degree in Health Economics, pharmacy, public health, or other relevant field for Market Access
- Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry in similar positions (minimum of 2 years) preferable with experience in launch of products in new therapeutic areas
- In-depth knowledge of the health care system in Germany
- Excellent knowledge of the hospital/out-patient care funding system in Germany
- Established strong network of relevant experts and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to implement access strategies for commercialized and pre-launch products and market preparation
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate scientific/pharmaceutical information
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal/external customers and colleagues of various background and expertise
- Willingness to be a team player
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment and to deliver on time
- High level of proficiency in MS Office software
- Excellent written and verbal skills in German and English required
- Strong communication, presentation, training and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience with contracting/tendering is a plus
- Experience in the rare disease and/or orphan disease market is preferred
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact us.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease.
This job is posted by Alexion.
This link brings you to the website of Alexion.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!