Issy Les Moulineaux, France.
Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) is a critical element of our market access strategies to ensure success in an increasingly challenging market environment. New regulations, a decision-making process where the clinician is no longer the only player, and a concept of value which is more and more based on evidence coming from clinical studies and derived economic value from our technologies and solutions, makes it a must that we equip ourselves with the required capabilities and convey a meaningful value-based message to our customers.
The proposed role comprises of both a geographic responsibility and EMEA-wide HEMA strategy responsibility as a) HEMA lead for France and b) lead for HEMA Evidence and Dissemination. In this role, the individual will work in close collaboration with the leadership team in France and EMEA Evidence and Dissemination and GPPVD team. In this role, the individual will be a critical partner with country GM, Franchise and global HEMA, Medical, Regulatory & Clinical Leadership to drive the needed market access, shaping, dissemination and evidence generation strategies to enable successful local market access.
The Director Health Economics and Market Access Evidence and Dissemination EMEA & France is a strategic position part of the HEMA EMEA Leadership Team and the France JnJMedTech Leadership Team.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
Lead HEMA Evidence and Dissemination
- Supports the franchise and regional objectives of the HEMA organization, who strives to ensure patient access fueled by differentiated evidence.
- Includes the strategic and execution alignment of evidence generation and its dissemination together with HEMA franchise and country teams including a focus on excellence in research operations and the exploration of new methodologies alongside digital healthcare and data analytics. Responsible to ensure that all quality and compliance JNJ requirements are supported as required.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership to direct reports, colleagues, and senior leaders across the organization to promote novel, innovative analytic techniques (RWD and modeling) methods and platforms to support economic value propositions and market access.
- Accountable for the development, management and tracking of the team G&Os and budgets. The role includes people management responsibilities. Additionally, the Director is expected to play a significant contributing role in the strategic and business planning activities of the HEMA organization.
- Maintain external partnerships and demonstrate industry leadership on behalf of JJMD with respect to RWD/modeling methods, technology, and processes.
- Provide strategy and input into evidence generation strategy for new product development and identify local opportunities for Health Economic evidence generation.
- Identifies potential talent to feed into cluster and regional talent strategy and succession planning promoting high engagement, retention, career development and advancement.
Lead HEMA France
- reports directly to the HEMA EMEA Leader with a dotted line to the Managing Director of France and will work in close collaboration with multiple internal partners and stakeholders, including but not limited to the franchise and regional HEMA teams, Government Affairs, Medical Affairs , regulatory, Legal, Data Privacy, HCC…
- Responsible for all funding and reimbursement activity in the country, including the development of HTA, tender, reimbursement submissions, new code applications, providing local input into regional market access strategies for priority growth platforms
- includes the definition of the local strategy, in alignment with the EMEA teams and the local Business, for optimal market access conditions of the products and solutions of the JnJMedtech portfolio :
- Health Technology Assessment & Reimbursement dossiers (HAS) & CEPS price negotiation : strategy conception and implementation
- Localisation and dissemination of tools to support the business : priorisation, strategy
- Shaping of the external environment (SNITEM, APIDIM, external network)
- responsible for developing metrics, key performance indicators and overall economics dashboard that support our commercial organizations.
- Responsible for the leadership and development of a team of Health Economic and Market Access Manager(s) to support/execute the local Health Economics activities as part of the global/regional plan.
- Provide input into evidence generation strategy for new product development and identify local opportunities for Health Economic evidence generation in close cooperation with EMEA partner.
- Responsible for the adaptation and local approval of regionally developed HEMA tools, translating complex messages into simple statements that can easily be articulated by sales force.
- Responsible for local interrogation of databases (reimbursement and patient pathway) providing insights into local access planning and local real world evidence as a foundation to local Health Economic studies to drive growth.
Functional And Technical Competencies
- HEMA Evidence Generation – Leader in proactively executing HEMA evidence generation strategies across the product lifecycle to support market access, adoption and growth. This includes collaborative efforts with partner evidence functions and business partners to identify gaps in and opportunities for clinical and health economic data to support and strengthen current and future value propositions. HEMA evidence competency includes the ability to compliantly execute aligned HEMA/HEOR projects and studies and contribute to creative and collaborative study design and implementation with evidence partners (Medical/Clinical/Pre-Clinical) to appropriately reflect evidence requirements for optimal market access.
- Analytical Acumen – Leader in analyzing, interpreting, and synthesizing data from a variety of sources, using functionally appropriate methodologies to answer business questions and develop new business insights
- Value Strategy – Leader in cocreating, implementing, and communicating value strategies throughout the product lifecycle. Value strategies include the development and deployment of evidence supported claims, input to pricing strategy, models, tools, and value-based programs (e.g. VBAs) aligned with evidence and business strategy.
- Training and Development – Leads in understanding and applying a HEMA capability gap analysis to develop and implement curriculum including train the trainer programs for evidence dissemination, program roll out of HE tools, HTA, and value based selling programs. for key internal and external stakeholders. Can secure relevant resources and provide tracking methods for success metrics and continuous development. Coaches others in train the trainer skills, experience mapping and competency assessment to drive development of team and cross functional partners in HEMA career pathway.
- Communication & Presentation – Excellent communication skills and ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels in the organization and with external customers. Advanced written & verbal skill set required. Ability to communicate to senior leaders (internal & external) and to both technical & non-technical audiences. The ability to clearly and appropriately convey and present information and ideas in an effective and impactful manner.
- Stakeholder Management – The ability to understand the expectations, future needs, and motivations of external and internal stakeholders to build collaborative relationships. Consults with stakeholders to deliver and execute solutions that address mutual strategic priorities and bring value and tangible results to all parties. Leverages knowledge and experience to drive strategy in a compliant manner while balancing stakeholder and organizational needs. Experience developing relationships with influential stakeholders. Existing local network.
- Matrix Environment – Effectively manage in a matrix environment and demonstrate influence capabilities. Ensures team and partners have the abilities to manage multiple projects. Achieves balance of strategic thinking and big picture orientation with a tactical capability to deliver HEMA strategies. Demonstrates strong leadership, organizational, and planning skills with the ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse work force and customer base. Experience working in decentralized and cross-functional business models.
People Management – Experience leading and managing people and project teams, empowering people to act with speed and agility. Connects and quickly establishes meaningful relationships to develop deep insights and empathetic understanding of internal and external stakeholders.
- 10 years of Medical Device/Pharmaceutical Industry experience, with high customer interaction
- Required skills sets include health services research, health economics, outcomes research, market access, health policy and reimbursement.
- Experience and strong knowledge of France HC system (required)
- Both local and regional market access experience required (experience in executing value demonstration strategies in more than one market)
- Experience leading health economic and outcomes research studies from concept through publication (including management of research vendors or consultants). Ideal candidates must possess the ability to work from strategy development to execution and value creation in a dynamic organization. Shown past cycles of success in executing successful MA and EGS strategies across a variety of portfolios.
- Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into solutions that support the company’s business goals
- Ability to manage multiple demands, with a systematic approach to prioritization and organization of resources.
- Proven leadership ability to effectively motivate and manage a team of professionals, including remote and virtual direct and indirect reports
- Experience working successfully in matrix environments
- Track record of working effectively to shape the market and influence key decision makers
- Advanced degree (MS, MPH, PhD, MHA, MBA) in health economics or outcomes research or healthcare-related field (required)
- Solid understanding of Healthcare market dynamics (required)
- Proficient language skills in English, both verbal and written (required)
- Proficiency in French (required)
France-Haute-de-Seine-Issy Les Moulineaux-
Ethicon S.A.S. (7840)
This job is posted by Johnson & Johnson.
This link brings you to the website of Johnson & Johnson.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!