|Purpose & Scope:|
|The EMEA Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Director is accountable for the development, delivery and management of HEOR activities in line with EMEA Medical Affairs (MA) strategy. These activities include but are not limited to cost effectiveness and comparative effectiveness analyses, real world evidence generation, patient reported outcomes, epidemiological initiatives, development of core value dossiers, and HTA/Reimbursement strategies for in-line and development compounds. The Director will provide leadership in the above mentioned areas and lead a team to execute strategies that generate innovative economic and clinical data to support the value of Astellas products. This position requires excellent interpersonal and matrix leadership skills, project and vendor management skills, and expertise in HEOR principles, pharmaceutical research design and methods. Specifically, this individual will:|
- ensure appropriate resources and technical expertise are in place toevelop and execute health economic and patient outcomes projects that are innovative, medically relevant, scientifically valid and appropriately planned, managed, executed;
- lead effective collaborations with internal stakeholders by understanding business and medical needs and developing and implementing strategies that address the HEOR needs of the business; and
- be a key collaborator with external stakeholders & HEOR experts to ensure that Astellas sponsored HEOR initiatives are clinically relevant and support the needs of patients, health care providers and payers.
|Essential Job Responsibilities: |
- Manage, mentor and develop a high performing EMEA HEOR team and effectively represent the EMEA HEOR function in interactions and presentations to executive management
- Lead and/or serve on global and regional organizational initiatives and task forces to shape the strategic direction of the EMEA HEOR function
- Ensure HEOR team develops and implements effective EMEA health economics and clinical outcomes research strategies that are aligned to global/ regional strategies
- Actively promote strategic collaborations with internal/external stakeholders, including Therapeutic Area Leaders, Pricing and Market Access, EMEA Affiliates and Global HEOR Leaders
- Establish processes, policies and standards for HEOR as well as standards for management of HEOR vendor relationships
- Provide knowledgeable of HTA requirements globally and regionally, and design regional HEOR/Value strategies accordingly; ensuring implementation through inclusion in Clinical Development Plans , Core Medical Plans and Regional medical plans
- Monitor changing health care landscape to anticipate future resource needs and support EMEA HEOR business objectives and budgetary plans with a 3-5 year perspective
- Ensure team compliance with HEOR global strategy development, best practice sharing and documentation of HEOR tools, instruments and research protocols
- Lead the review and assessment of new product opportunities for development and in-line compounds as it relates to HEOR and EMEA
- Ensure Compliance with Astellas’ Code of Ethics and associated policies and procedures and other applicable laws and regulations, including ABPI, EFPIA and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
|The EMEA HEOR Director reports to the Senior Dir HEOR, EMEA and collaborates with :|
- EMEA Regional & Core Medical Teams (CMT)
- Regional & Global HEOR leaders
- Global Ethics and Compliance
- Global and Regional Marketing and Market Access
| Requirements for this role|
- HEOR qualified preferably with an Advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, MD), or equivalent postgraduate education
- Demonstrable experience in Health Economics Outcome Research within the pharmaceutical industry
- Good knowledge of European HTA reimbursement and health economics/outcomes research as well as market access requirements
- Leadership and team mangaement /development experience
- Expertise in leveraging outcomes data in the appropriate clinical context along with strong written and verbal communication, fully fluent in English
- Excellent presentation and organizational
- Able to travel – approximately 25%
This job is posted by Astellas.
APPLY FOR JOB
This link brings you the website of Astellas.
ALL JOBS NEWSLETTER UPLOAD YOUR CV RESOURCES SHARE A JOB