The EMEA Compound Market Access Leader Early Products (CMAL EP), reporting to the EMEA HEMAR Director Early Products, is responsible for leading and executing the EMEA Market Access strategy for selected, priority early products that can span across Janssen’s therapeutic areas.
The CMAL EP will be responsible to optimize market access readiness for the products in his/her portfolio for the EMEA region. To achieve this, the CMAL EP will collaborate with Global Market Access to co-create and shape the global value proposition, market access strategies and evidence generation plans that meet the needs of the region.
At the EMEA regional level, the CMAL EP will liaise with other EMEA functions, under the oversight of Therapy Area Strategy Team (TAST) leadership, to effectively assess and develop the early products’ HEMAR strategy at the EMEA level. He/she will do so in close collaboration with the opco HEMAR EP colleagues of key countries. The CMAL EP must understand the HTA evidence needs of key countries in EMEA and develop appropriate recommendations to optimize market access readiness.
In addition, the CMAL EP will support the HEMAR assessment of NBD (new business development) opportunities, liaising with the NBD function, pricing, the HEMAR EP Director and Therapy Area Market Access Leaders (TAMALs).
Lead the EMEA market access strategy for priority early products
- Optimize market access readiness for early products in his/her portfolio. He/she will need the ability to handle a role with a wide scope and multiple priorities.
- Effectively represent the EMEA region as a member of the global market access team (eMAT), partnering with Global Market Access Leads (CMALs) to co-create and shape the global value proposition and market access strategy for early products.
- Through strong strategic thinking and a collaborative mindset, ensure that strategic plans and investment decisions meet the needs of market access and HTA in EMEA.
- Assess the HTA/P&R potential and optimize the products’ value proposition and TPP (target product profile) based on understanding the disease and payer landscape.
- Understand early R&D development processes and provide timely input into clinical trial programs by bringing the EMEA payer perspective
- Take an active role in shaping the Early HTA scientific advice strategy for products within the early products portfolio, helping to determine agency selection, timing and approach. Actively input into the development of briefing materials and work with internal stakeholders to formulate the right research questions requiring agency input
- Take the lead in commissioning and managing HEMAR and evidence generation projects that contribute to insights on the value proposition, disease area or payer landscape.
- Take a lead role in co-creating the global value dossier, per market access 2020.
- The CMAL EP will lead and develop the EMEA market access strategy under the oversight of the EMEA therapeutic area market access lead (TAMAL), liaising with the other EMEA functional areas and representing HEMAR at the TAST review meetings.
- Fully engage in key TAST processes, shape the thinking and bring a payer perspective to creation of BVPs, financial planning (LRFP, MTP and BP) and regional evidence generation planning.
- Represent HEMAR EP at senior level product reviews with ELT and ESLT, bringing a clear, compelling position aligned to the TAST strategy.
- Collaborate with the other functional areas in presenting an aligned voice to global so that evidence generation strategies meet the needs of EMEA. Define and execute a plan for additional evidence generation where required to support the EMEA region, effectively collaborating with medical affairs.
- Foster collaboration and seamless working with functions in Market Access including Statistics, RWE, pricing and Policy.
- Take budgetary responsibility for defining and managing the HEMAR component of TAST-specific product budgets, making sure that spending is managed effectively throughout the year and to plan.
- The CMAL EP will lead the EMEA HEMAR EP functional network, bringing the Op Co HEMAR EP view into product discussions and collaborating with key countries on the creation of market access strategies that will meet opco HTA needs.
- Maintain a deep understanding of diverse and complex market access processes and HTA requirements in key markets (UK, FR, GE) and bring this knowledge and insight into the strategic thinking of the eMAT and TAST.
Support the HEMAR assessment of NBD opportunities
- Support the TAMAL or HEMAR Director EP in assessing the price and access potential of NBD opportunities from a HEMAR perspective.
- Liaise with NBD, pricing and global market access colleagues to gain a deep understanding of the NBD case, it’s value proposition and planned evidence package, complementing internal knowledge with outside sources as needed.
- Provide an expert perspective on expected HTA/reimbursement outcomes, risks and opportunities based on a deep understanding of market access processes in key EMEA markets, and collaborating with opco HEMAR colleagues and external payers as needed
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and analytical ability to absorb new and complex data quickly, identify what will drive the HTA/P&R value and develop a recommendation in a short time span
- Ability to articulate the recommendation and rationale clearly at senior management review meetings
- The successful candidate will be a seasoned market access professional with a broad diversity of experiences and a demonstrated ability to assimilate complex science and data quickly.
- An ability to work effectively and productively in a role with a wide scope and multiple priorities across different therapy areas.
- Strong strategic thinking with the ability to articulate and manage trade-offs, facilitate decision-making on priorities & scenarios
- Diversity of experience in market access roles, be it in product life-cycle stage, therapy area and/or geographic scope
- Experience with influencing R&D programs, involvement in clinical trial design, protocol development and the development of evidence generation strategies is an advantage
- The successful candidate will have the ability to “speak up”, challenge and influence in senior meetings settings.
- Excellent communication skills to engage and convince a leadership audience, as well as partner with external parties such as HTA bodies
- Ability to work autonomously, have a flexible mindset and be comfortable with uncertainty
- A strong technical knowledge of all aspects of market access and of payer processes across countries
- Must exhibit behaviors aligned to the J&J Global Leadership Profile including but not limited to: integrity-credo based actions, collaboration and teamwork, sense of urgency, results driven and people development.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in market access is highly desirable.
This position requires regular travel. The role is Central-Europe based. The role holder will be expected to be based in his/her current country of residence if easy access to travel/transportation and local hosting is available at a Janssen office.
Europe/Middle East/Africa, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Spain, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Health Economics Mkt
This job is posted by Johnson & Johnson.
This link brings you the website of Johnson & Johnson.