Actelion Pharmaceuticals, a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for an:
Director Global Market Access
- Successfully defining and implementing global Market Access & Pricing strategies for macitentan in the new indication “CTEPH” and possibly adjacent products or indications in the future. The initial focus is immediately and exclusively on macitentan in CTEPH. Therefore a good understanding of PH is a substantial advantage. This includes:
- Full implementation of total market access strategy globally in collaboration with other functions, regional teams and country teams.
- Define and evolve product value propositions
- Continuously identify and address external access related challenges to our business strategies;
- Identify major evidence gaps and build evidence generation plans together with medical and R&D; ensure that evidence development plans reflect key market access needs;
- Ensure external input into product value propositions, access and evidence generation strategies (e.g. early HTA advice, access experts input, KOL input etc.)
- Define and implement early HTA advice strategy
- Execute global pricing policy
- Explore, identify and implement innovative access solutions
- Define a key set of value messages in coordination with commercial and medical functions; ensure implementation in payer interactions
- Lead all market access projects needed to execute strategy (value dossiers & presentations, RWE (real-world evidence) generation, payer research, etc.) in close collaboration with other functions
- Oversee and guide all country submissions
- Guide and support payer interactions by preparing clear communication tools addressing local payer needs
- Define policy objectives supporting business strategies and lead implementation together with other functions
- Guide and support LOCs throughout the product’s life cycle; continuously seek input from LOCs; create a culture of trust that facilitates honest, transparent discussions about pricing and access
- Act as a change agent, developing innovative new solutions to maximise access and uptake of our products, taking a medium to long term perspective on the evolution of the external environment, contributing to strategic priorities for the business around access
- Work with Business Development to provide timely, strategic advice in deal evaluations from an access perspective
- Work closely with commercial and medical functions, Clinical Development Teams, Regulatory Affairs
- Coach, manage and/or mentor people within the Market Access team,
- Demonstrate consolidated and up to date expertise in major aspects of market access, especially evidence generation, statistics, health economics and payer needs across the region.
- Contribute to educating the organisation on key Market Access needs
- Continuously and effectively work with colleagues responsible for health economics and PROs on respective projects
- Identify, select, and oversee consultants and CROs executing research projects; ensure deliverables of consultants/CROs meet objectives
- Manage project budgets and timelines
- Represent Global Market Access & Pricing function at internal and external meetings
- Advanced degree in science, preferably Master degree or PhD in HTA, health care management, health economics, health policy, economics, medicine, or another relevant area
- At least 10 years of experience in market access and related policy fields for pharmaceutical or/and medical device products, ideally experience with orphan drugs.
- Proven track record of developing and successfully implementing market access / pricing & reimbursement strategies, HTA submissions, price negotiations and research projects in at least one major market.
- A deep and consolidated technical knowledge of all aspects of market access and of payer processes.
- Experience in direct payer interactions (1:1 conversations, hearings, negotiations etc) and leading stakeholder campaigns
- Having successfully lead a market access team
- Strong crossfunctional understanding of all aspects of successful product strategies
- Very good understanding of clinical development processes and experience in working with R&D teams
- Excellent analytical skills, including statistical knowledge and Evidence Based Medicine
- Strong strategic mind-set, innovative and entrepreneurial thinking
- Ability to lead and work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to work both independently as well as in in multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix-organization
- Ability to manage complex issues and to establish fruitful working relationships with partners internally and externally
- Ideally having worked in a function outside Market Access
- Flexible, dynamic, enthusiastic, results driven and a team player
- Excellent written and oral communication (including presentation) skills in English;
- Willingness to travel
We are offering you a multifaceted challenge in a dynamic, international environment with attractive terms and an excellent infrastructure.
If you feel attracted by this challenge and want to be part of a successful and growing organization, then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.).
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Swiss Confederation) (8542)
Health Economics Mkt
Requisition ID: 1805705145W
This job is posted by Johnson & Johnson.
This link brings you the website of Johnson & Johnson.