The Health Economist is a key member of the Market Access team who secures access to GSK medicines through reimbursement and guidelines. The Health Economist will be responsible for:
- Development of health economic models to be used in reimbursement applications
- Adapt global economic models to fit in a Danish context
- Responsible for presenting health economic outcomes to internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for the development and adaptation of health economic models and technical dossier for the Medicines Council.
- Take responsibility in the development of both the clinical and economic dossier to the Danish Medicines Council for new medicines and indications.
- Have an active role in the initial assessments on the health economic feasibility before initiating a reimbursement process.
- Participating in discussion concerning the economic aspects of new medicines and indications.
- Contribute to the understanding and shaping of guideline assessments provided by the authorities.
- Generate health economic evidence in close collaboration with the medical team.
- Support the market access team with advice and expertise on health economic outcomes.
- Translate complex health economic outcomes in layman’s terms.
- Work closely together with the global health economic teams in developing health economic solutions for the Danish market.
- Establish and maintain an effective work relationship with the Market Access and the x-functional teams across therapy areas.
- Support the x-functional teams across therapy areas with health economic measures.
- Fully understand and comply with GSK standards and policies and with local codes of practice, guidelines and laws to ensure the strictest requirements are met.
- Higher degree in Health Economy: PhD, MSc or equivalent
- Pharmaceutical industry experience in a role successfully engaging in scientific exchange with external experts.
- Strong understanding of Danish market access, pricing and healthcare processes including reimbursement processes
- Effective communication skills and ability to tailor information to different audiences appropriately.
- Ability to translates complex science into simple messages.
- Effective networking and collaboration skills to achieve business results internally and externally.
- Good negotiation skills and ability to support & understand work with national tenders/planning
- Good business understanding, with a strategic mindset to consider both short and long-term implications for the company.
- Proven project management skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility to multi-task, prioritize and manage time together with the ability to balance cross-functional objectives.
- Danish speaking and writing
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply using the button this page and upload your most recent CV.
Thank you for your consideration!
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This job is posted by GSK.
This link brings you to the website of GSK.
When you apply, please mention that you found the job via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!