In this position, you will use your strong analytical skills and deep understanding of health economic strategies to bring new insights and recommendations to show the value of AstraZeneca products for patients.
- Lead the development of economic sections of HTA submissions to pCODR, INESSS, and private payers
- Assess the applicability of global models to Canadian settings and communicate Canadian needs to Global colleagues; lead the adaptation of economic models for the Canadian market
- Provide guidance into strategies/gap analysis to show the value of disease/products within Market Access/Medical Affairs focusing on outcomes relevant to payer and clinical decision-makers
- Assess global comparative evidence (ITCs/NMAs/MAICs) to the Canadian landscape and build additional evidence as needed
- Building a positive relationship with the Medical Evidence Lead, you are responsible for the identification of evidence gaps and generation of evidence to improve the commercial value of product(s), by demonstrating product differentiation and economic value
- In collaboration with senior economist, facilitate advisory boards to validate economic evaluation strategies
- Build a network of contacts (economists, clinicians, academics)
- Develop a record of peer-reviewed publications/presentations, and attend and speak at meetings including conferences and HTA meetings
- Proactively provide new insights/critical appraisal on economic evaluations carried out by Health Technology Assessments agencies to support access strategy
- Management of vendor on HTA-related projects
- Master’s degree, in a health economics, statistics, management science or equivalent
- Able to build cost-effectiveness models, systematic reviews, network meta-analysis, survival/statistical analyses, submissions to CDR, pCODR and INESSS
- Experience building payer evidence data (health-related quality of life studies, costing studies, detailed literature reviews and indirect treatment comparisons, retrospective database analyses, prospective physician or patient epidemiological studies)
- 3+ years of pharmaceutical or health-related experience in a role involving reimbursement-related activities or health policy, or government experience
- Strong communication skills oral and written as well as project management skills is required
- Ability to build positive relationships across functional and global teams
- Are proactive and creative to address emerging issues
Mississauga, Head Office
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate forward thinking and act quickly. We are daring, taking smart risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and new ways to work. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Are you ready to move forward in your career? Join us and be part of an extraordinary place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal.
Great People want to Work with us! Find out why:
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.