An interesting broad role for a health economist, with >3 years of work experience.
Multiple locations: Wavre, Belgium; Saint-Amand-les-Eaux, France; Rosia or Siena, Italy; Madrid, Spain; London or Brentford, UK.
An interesting broad role for a health economist. The role of Value Evidence Senior Manager is essential to ensuring that vaccines that GSK brings to market are supported by scientifically credible, high quality, evidence aligned with the needs of decision-makers responsible for granting access / reimbursement. As important Value Evidence Department Team member you will be accountable to support the global value evidence strategy and delivery for vaccines in the Core Portfolio and in Neisseria throughout the lifecycle of the assets in alignment with the Value Evidence [VE] accountabilities around the GSK integrated asset operating model, interacting with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, to inform relevant vaccine recommendation and reimbursement.
This role is ideally based in Belgium (preferred) or across Europe (pending on GSK location). Value Evidence Senior Manager – Core Portfolio and Neisseria Assets.
- You will have oversight and lead on the asset-specific Value Evidence Plans which include interpreting and addressing the complex evidence requirements from a global perspective and across priority markets
- In collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders (Clinical, Real World Data analytics, Epidemiology, Regulatory, Patient-centric outcomes, Medical Affairs and Commercial, Governmental Affairs and regional / local VE teams), you will lead, implement and deliver research activities including health economic models, burden of illness studies, observational research, patient-reported outcomes instruments, payer and patient insight studies to inform VE research while ensuring scientific robustness of study protocols, study execution, analyses, and reporting
- You will lead the development of Value Evidence Dossiers and further country supporting materials that can inform vaccine recommendation and reimbursement processes in an integrated and innovative, customer-centric way
- You will conduct and lead scientific engagements with external experts, HTA bodies, payers and patients to inform the Value Evidence Plan, Value Evidence Dossiers and support vaccine recommendation and reimbursement processes in the key markets
- You will also collaborate with regional VE Teams and priority markets from needs assessment to input data collection and above country studies on strategically relevant fields; provide methodological guidance to local evidence generation activities as relevant (eg. model adaptations, database study protocols, patient-reported outcome studies, healthcare resource utilization studies)
- By leading the asset specific Value Evidence programmes you will also
- Effectively lead and deliver outsourced projects with external contract research organisations/suppliers
- Bring expertise to strategic discussions regarding the evidence requirements to support recommendation and reimbursement submissions globally. (Eg. Contribute to lifecycle management as part of the brand’s Scientific Evidence and Access Streams)
- Support projects as required through key internal development milestones and communicate the evidence generation plans effectively to secure resources, funding, and organizational alignment with oversight of the respective Asset Value Evidence Plans
- Ensure activities are resourced and governed appropriately to meet GSK corporate compliance requirements
- Masters level or equivalent experience in health outcomes or relevant areas of specialisation
- Specific training / meaningful experience in at least 2 areas (health policy, reimbursement / access, health economics, modelling, patient reported outcomes, psychometrics, clinical trial design, observational research, epidemiology, statistics).
- Job-Related Experience: At least 3 years experience in a health economist, market access or related function (consulting, pharmaceutical industry, academics), preferably including above country level experience
- Educational background with technical expertise consistent with scientific project planning, implementation, and delivery of evidence.
- Knowledge of global reimbursement processes / evidence requirements to inform access decisions. Experience of reimbursement / HTA submissions
- Proficient in managing multiple projects, budgets, and effectively navigate in matrix organisation interactions (internal / external consistent with each research project or activity).
- Effective communicator (oral/written) who can translate specific research projects and outcomes, related complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Good to excellent in computer skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint; experience in at least one modelling software and agility to further learn as relevant (for example Visual Basic, R)
- Authored publication
- Fluent in English
- Launch or post marketing, market access experience in pharmaceutical or life science industry or related field or
- PhD in a relevant discipline or
- Experience in infectious diseases and/or vaccine health economics and outcomes research is considered as an asset
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. GSK has a strong history and expertise in vaccines, and we are staying at the forefront of innovation in this field.
For many years, vaccines have been used mainly to prevent diseases caused by infections, mostly in infants and children. Today, we are focused on developing vaccines for all stages of life, and we believe vaccines can also be used successfully to treat diseases and be therapeutic.
These innovation trends have a strong impact on what we do in Research and Development. We take the best science, with the most impactful technologies and combine it with our GSK culture. Next to our existing portfolio of prophylactic vaccines and moving into the field of therapeutic vaccines, our R&D programme focuses on vaccines for diseases such as RSV, COPD and Meningitis. Another part of R&D targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation’s priority diseases – tuberculosis and malaria.
These innovation trends have a strong impact on what we do in Research and Development. We take the best science, with the most impactful technologies and combine it with our GSK culture. Next to our existing portfolio of prophylactic vaccines and moving into the field of therapeutic vaccines, our R&D programme focuses on vaccines for diseases such as RSV and Meningitis. Another part of R&D targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation’s priority diseases – tuberculosis and malaria.
As part of the R&D organisation, the Vaccines Value Evidence Department contributes to the identification, strategic planning and development of the value evidence requirements of vaccine programs and assets from early development throughout the life cycle. The Departments’ objectives are to ensure and support the positioning of the product and value propositions, targeted with generating relevant evidences to inform key stakeholders including marketing authorization authorities, recommending and reimbursing bodies. Members have the technical expertise and a deep understanding of patient, payer, policymaker and provider needs to translate into evidence generation plans for the relevant vaccine candidates and commercialized assets.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
This job is posted by GSK.
This link brings you to the website of GSK.