Belgium / Boston, MA, US.
To strengthen our Real World Evidence department, based in either Brussels, Belgium, Slough, UK, Monheim, Germany or Raleigh, Boston or Atlanta, US we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: RWE Strategy Lead.
As a therapeutic area RWE Strategy Lead, you will be responsible for RWE strategy and its implementation and delivery in a therapeutic area, potentially incorporating one or more UCB assets and target patient populations. At UCB our RWE Strategy Leads typically focus on a certain therapeutic area within Neurology, Rheumatology, Bone or Early Solutions.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Be involved in multiple disease areas (including chronic and rare diseases) and range from evidence generation to ensure successful clinical development, launch and lifecycle management of UCB portfolio, to supporting earlier-stage development of new UCB solutions.
- Be empowered in your role, use the space you are given and be responsible for the co-creation and endorsement of the RWE Strategic Plan for the respective therapeutic area and patient population(s).
You will contribute by:
- Identifying and prioritizing opportunities to optimize the development and differentiation potential of UCB solutions using robust, stage-appropriate RWE.
- Being accountable for the implementation and delivery (execution, interpretation and communication) of the RWE Strategic Plan within the respective therapeutic area.
- Developing and driving the RWE input to the development of regulatory plans and associated documents (e.g., submissions, RMP, PIP, PSP, ODA, etc.), medical affairs plans, and HEOR/patient access plans as required.
- Representing RWE on functional teams within the Mission(s) (e.g., Medical Team, Patient Safety, Regulatory, Market Access, Commercial/Marketing, Core Launch Teams, etc.).
- Supporting optimization of the regional and country RWE strategic plans through close collaboration with the RWE Business Liaison, RWE Regional Partners, and local HEOR/RWE Leads (as appropriate)
- Collaborating with thought leaders and external research partners to develop real-world data to inform decisions of HCPs, clinical organizations, reimbursement authorities, and regulatory agencies.
- Ensuring alignment of RWE tactics with the Strategic Publication Plan
- Providing line management to RWE team members (as needed) and being a leader within the global RWE organization mentoring and developing team members.
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- You hold a Masters degree (ideally a PhD) in Epidemiology, Outcomes Research or other relevant scientific discipline, and have a track record of publications in high-caliber peer-reviewed journals.
- Pharma experience with a proven successful track record of impactful use of Real-World Data (primary and secondary data) in partnership with, Regulators, Payers, HTA bodies, and Outcomes Researchers.
- Hands-on experience in working across internal stakeholder functions (e.g., medical affairs, market access, clinical development, etc.) to develop the optimal RWE strategy and tactical plan to support an asset within a specific disease area or focus.
- Track record of performing high quality research (i.e. scientific publications; abstracts, posters, full papers in peer-reviewed journals).
- Leadership skills, including mentoring and coaching and building teams.
- Possessing good communication, stakeholder management, and influencing skills as well as a desire and experience in developing transversal ways of working.
- Combination of strong methodological quantitative knowledge, strategic thinking, and communication skills
- Strong background knowledge of industry trends, best practices, and external stakeholders expectations of RWE, specifically related to epidemiology/outcomes research, regulatory affairs and market access.
- A subject matter expert, able to balance the need to think strategically with the need to deliver stage-appropriate high impact results.
- Proven ability to write/edit scientific communications (abstracts, poster presentations, podium presentations, manuscripts, etc.).
Why you should apply
At UCB, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients. Working for us you’ll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential. We place an emphasis on innovation, collaboration and impact. Through meaningful recognition and a motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience by caring about and valuing our employees – just as we do for the patients we serve.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.
UCB- Inspired by Patients. Driven by Science. Everything we do starts with a simple question: “How will this create value for people living with severe diseases?” By putting patients at the heart of what we do, our approach – from discovery to development to delivery – is continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees and operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases.
Help us transform patients’ lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job is posted by UCB.
This link brings you to the website of UCB.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!