Titusville, NJ, US / Beerse, Belgium.
Janssen Research & Development (“JRD”), a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Data Science RWE Advanced Analytics. The primary location for this position is flexible – either; Titusville, NJ; Raritan, NJ; Spring House, PA; Cambridge, MA; New York City, NY; San Diego, CA; South San Francisco, CA; Beerse, Belgium; remote may also be considered with up to 10% travel.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, pulmonary hypertension, neuroscience, and infectious disease. Our goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals.
The R&D Data Science Analytics & Insights team within Janssen develops innovative solutions leveraging a variety of different data sources across multiple disease areas in support of Janssen’s key clinical programs. Successful candidates will develop cutting-edge methodologies to develop RWD-based solutions to enable disease insights, improve patient outcomes, and enhance clinical development. The Principal Scientist will work closely with strategic partners within Data Science and multi-disciplinary teams within Janssen R&D to develop and deploy cutting-edge solutions to our clinical programs.
- Independently partner with the Janssen R&D Data Science Portfolio Management and Therapeutic Area teams to execute on the priorities, building a roadmap to deliver the projects from conceptualizing the research questions, data feasibility, study design and analysis to final presentation to senior cross-functional leaders and publication
- Will be able to advice and contribute to projects outside of his responsibilities and collaborate with research scientists in diverse projects
- Lead and contribute to the development of modeling and simulation approaches to support critical decision in clinical development. By using state of the art modeling & simulation methodologies, contribute to critical decision making like study design, dose selection, adaptive designs, etc. based on real-world data (RWD).
- Lead and contribute to the development of artificial intelligence/machine learning models in healthcare (e.g., disease identification, patient stratification, disease progression, forecasting) based on RWD that will provide key insights on our pipeline assets
- Leverage emerging scientific and technological developments to generate new research ideas, solutions and initiatives using real-world data (electronic health records, insurance claims, registry data, others)
- Deliver scalable machine learning solutions and insights to impact functions and therapeutic areas within R&D and participate in cross-functional collaborations with internal scientific and data science teams, and external companies
- Shape internal and external collaborations and define the scope of research questions
- Be a hands-on technical leader among the Data Science team, helping institute best practices while crafting a data-driven culture, developing, and mentoring more junior members of the team while advocating for skill development, working alongside a robust team of data scientists, bringing fresh perspectives and scientific rigor across Data Science projects and therapeutic areas
- Clearly articulate highly technical methods and results to diverse audiences and partners to drive decision-making
- A Ph.D. degree, or master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g., operations research, systems engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, biostatistics, artificial intelligence, computer science, health economics, biomedical informatics, epidemiology, or similar)
- Relevant experience (4+ years for Ph.D., 6+ years for a master’s) within a start-up, technology, or healthcare industry
- Extensive experience with one of the following: statistical modeling, simulation, agent-based modelling, machine learning, deep learning, causal inference methods, multivariate regression and classification, forecasting, and natural language processing
- Experience in one of the following domains, EHR, insurance claims, Clinical Trails Data or registry data
- Proven project leadership in complicated context, able to influence and engage the strategic and technical partners in a matrix organization
- Hands-on technical data analysis and machine learning modeling experience (across roles)
- Experience working closely with healthcare subject matter experts
- Proven track record of consistently delivering on high impact data science projects
- Expert proficiency in Python or R, and SQL
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience delivering on Data Science projects using simulation or predictive technologies, forecasting, natural language processing, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Experience building simulation models in AnyLogic, Simio, ARENA, or other simulation software
- Familiarity with and exposure to drug discovery and clinical development processes with one or more of the following therapeutic areas: oncology, immunology, cardiovascular, neuroscience, pulmonary hypertension, or infectious disease
- Experience working closely with healthcare professionals
- Ability to effectively communicate technical work to a wide audience
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-1125 Trenton Harbourton Road
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Cambridge, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-California-San Diego, North America-United States-California-South San Francisco
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
This job is posted by Johnson & Johnson.
This link brings you to the website of Johnson & Johnson.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!