Reporting to the Head of Market Access, the Market Access Senior Manager will be responsible for the technical aspects of the national pricing and reimbursement process for Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) , Transfusion-Dependent Thalassemia (TDT) and potentially Cystic Fibrosis, including but not limited to the preparation of reimbursement dossiers if applicable, support to economic model adaptations (cost-effectiveness, budget impact), field-based access activities and response to payer questions. The Market Access Senior Manager will also work in close coordination with the country Authorised Treatment Centre (ATC) Engagement lead, to drive local (hospital) access.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides input and shapes the country Market Access strategy for SCD, TDT and CF, led by the Head of Market Access.
- Acts as project lead and coordinates activities and schedules meetings in line with the project plan with both internal and external stakeholders
- Drives access for SCD and TDT at the National and (where applicable) Regional and Local / hospital level.
- In alignment with the local Market Access strategy for SCD and TDT, led by the Head of Market Access, develops market access materials (submissions, responses) with emphasis on leading the adaptation of global value dossiers and economic models to meet country-specific National health technology assessment (HTA) requirements as relevant
- Defines payer evidence requirements and possible pricing models for the country, with a clear understanding of trade-offs.
- Defines reimbursement flows, in collaboration with the Head of Market Access.
- Works collaboratively with Country Medical, Government Affairs and International Pricing & Market Access, HEOR, RWE and others as needed to shape the right environment for successful reimbursement and local access negotiations.
- Manages the process to secure access at the local / hospital level (e.g., through understanding of the DRG process, or others, as relevant to secure hospital-level coverage).
- Works in close partnership with the ATC engagement lead, MSLs, KAMs and Field Access (where applicable) to plan and execute on hospital-level access.
- Add a point on “Identify gaps in data generation and define local evidence generation needs to share with International team and/or work on local data generation projects“
- Works closely with medical affairs, legal, regulatory, market access and commercial teams, building and leveraging relationships with relevant stakeholders in line with Vertex’s approved and agreed business strategy.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical industry / market access or related function (e.g., Health Economics, Policy and Government Affairs, Key Account Management).
- In-depth and current understanding of Austria and Switzerland payer environment, including reimbursement decision-making processes, pricing and contracting strategies and reimbursement processes
- Experience in developing and/or adapting global economic models and dossiers to meet country-specific reimbursement requirements.
- Strong analytical skills with the proven ability to effectively analyse data sets to determine trends and establish strategies.
- Direct experience on local (hospital, healthcare insurance) level access with in-depth understanding of the patient journey and corresponding funding flow at all levels.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cell and Gene Therapy and/or rare disease market; market access experience in cell and gene therapies / ATMPs.
- Display solid ethics and fully comply with all regulatory, legal and industry codes of conduct.
- Results oriented with demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as manage initiatives that require collaboration across multiple functional areas.
- Good project management skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills, strong oral/written presentation skills.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work in a x-functional team
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelors and/or advanced degree in relevant area of expertise (e.g., medicine, pharmacy, biology, epidemiology / biostatistics, engineering, health economics, public health, public policy) from an accredited university required
- German & English language fluency.
- French as a plus but not mandatory
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition.
This job is posted by Vertex.
This link brings you to the website of Vertex.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!