This is an opportunity to work for ICON Health Economics (HE), a division of ICON plc, an international clinical research organisation headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. Our Health Economics group has offices in Abingdon and London (UK), Stockholm (Sweden), Houten (Netherlands), New York and Boston (USA), and Bangalore (India). We are respected globally for the quality and innovation of our work, undertaking consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
ICON HE is currently seeking an Associate Health Economist to join our team, to be based in London. The team is highly respected in the field of health technology assessment (HTA) for both the quality of our work and methodological innovations. Our research is frequently used to support decision making at Health Technology agencies..
The Associate Systematic Reviewer will be required to contribute to all aspects of the group’s work and, in particular to develop their skills in evidence synthesis, including systematic and targeted literature reviews, and network meta-analyses/indirect comparisons. In return the candidate will receive extensive on the job training from our senior scientists as well as the opportunity to attend external technical training courses and to attend and present at major international conferences. We are dedicated to furthering our research and development in the field of Health Economics and, as such, promote publication of work undertaken. The candidate recruited for the role will be actively encouraged to publish work they contribute to.
In addition, for current MSc students, we could provide a choice of relevant dissertation topics and the opportunity to conduct their dissertation with us in London. In addition to providing the research topic, students can expect to receive support from our senior team during the dissertation process.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent as relevant, Master’s degree preferred. Background in biology/ medicine/public health will be desirable.
- A genuine interest in health economic modelling, literature reviews and evidence synthesis
- Experience / familiarity with one or more of the following statistical packages (R, STATA, SAS, WinBUGs) will be desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and time management skills.
- A strong desire to learn quickly and to gain a deep understanding of the work of the group.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team with a high degree of self-motivation.
Benefits of Working at ICON
This is a permanent, full time position based in our offices in White City, London.
We are committed to supporting the growth and development of the health economics team. As such, the candidate recruited for this role will receive external training as well as on the job training from our senior scientists and be offered opportunities to attend and present at major international conferences (health economic and clinical).
ICON is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
This job is posted by ICON.
This link brings you the website of ICON.