Associate Health Economist / Health Economist 12 months fixed term contract
We’re at the forefront of global healthcare. We have a responsibility, desire and capability to enact positive change, creating new stories for millions of people. Our purpose is affirmed by the extraordinary outcomes we create.
We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow. We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche
Communications Policy and Market Access Directorate (CPAD)
We’re on the final straight in getting medicines to patients. In CPAD, we create pathways that connect our products to the marketplace, sharing information and building relationships. We place great importance on understanding our customers’ needs and informing the medical community of what we’re doing to meet them.
To manage the development of health technology assessment (HTA) strategies and plans which are aligned to strategic brand plans for new and existing products. To manage cross-functional teams in the development and submission of evidence dossiers to NICE, SMC and AWMSG. To manage the appraisal and guideline processes to achieve the desired outcomes to time, message and budget.
· To present clinical and economic data to support the desired product positioning
· To manage cross functional teams in the development and submission of responses during the consultation phases of the NICE/SMC/AWMSG appraisal process to achieve the desired outcomes
· To select and manage UK academic centres and external suppliers to, develop and validate health economic (HE) models, adapt global HE models for UK HTA submissions, conduct HE studies and write HTA submissions
· To develop and deliver HE value arguments for new and existing products
· To work with brand teams to ensure that national HTA dossiers are, consistent with respect to product positioning and key messages and consistent with marketing/medical market access materials used at a regional and local level.
· To keep abreast of new trends and developments in HTA/HE methodology in order to achieve competitor advantage.
· To champion and co-ordinate the UK HTA plans with Global organisation and reinforce the UK as a centre of excellence.
· To raise the awareness, understanding and business application of HE and HTA in the UK
· To contribute as a constructive member of the Brand, HTA and Market Access Teams
The ideal candidate will have
· Degree level education required in Economics, Medical/Health sciences or Pharmacy
· Post-graduate qualification desired in Health Economics, Statistics, or Epidemiology.
· leading HTA projects in the UK, including local model adaptations
· Permission to work in the UK
· Desired experience includes:
- developing HE models and conducting HE studies
- managing project budgets
- project management strong commercial awareness
- excellent English comprehension and writing skills
We focus on creating an inclusive organisation and welcome people who have different knowledge, perspectives, experience and working styles from across the global population.
What our employees are saying ..
“Everyone has very high standards and pushes themselves to deliver that bit more and that’s something Roche has really helped me do as well.”
Iain – Former Health Outcomes Manager
“There’s an environment that truly enables you to test things out, try things for a bit and grow into whatever career you want to have.”
Claire – Former National Programmes Manager now Integrated Franchise Lead
Our UK Pharmaceutical head office is situated in Welwyn garden City, Hertfordshire, with beautiful country side surrounding the area. Supported by major motorways & airports as well as being a 30 minute train ride to London, access is easy. With over 1400 people occupying our site in Welwyn, you can expect opportunities in Early Development (pRED), Product Development (PD), Commercial (Rx) and of course our corporate function.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location United Kingdom, Welwyn Function Access Subfunction Health Technology Assessment Schedule Full time Job level Job type Temporary (Fixed Term) Division Roche Pharmaceuticals Posted since 2019/05/10 Posted until 2019/06/10 Job-ID 201905-113861
This job is posted by Roche.
This link brings you the website of Roche.
Improve your chances. Get a Free CV Review before you apply.