Bethesda, MD, US / CA / EU.
We are looking to fill this role in US, Canada, UK or EU & are flexible to fully remote work.
This is a great time to join this rapidly expanding global modeling team!
- Our senior team members have the flexibility to focus on scientific, management or commercial career tracks.
- We also offer customizable cross-training opportunities for those interested in broadening their experience across Evidera’s teams.
Our multidisciplinary Modeling & Simulation experts design & implement health economic models to:
- Describe complex medical processes
- Understand and evaluate the implications of clinical trials
- Demonstrate the value of interventions beyond efficacy
- Assess benefits, risks, and the economic consequences associated with healthcare interventions.
Typical projects include health economic modeling to conduct cost-effectiveness analyses of healthcare interventions and implementing decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state transition, survival partition), research and data analytics.
- Conceptualization, design and implementation of health economic models to conduct cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses of healthcare interventions
- As Co-Principal Investigator: project budget, deliverable, resourcing and timeline responsibility; identify scope expansion and need for amendments
- Assumes responsibility for sales targets and building client relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Scientifically responsible person for a project or to lead selected aspects within larger projects with multiple models with senior scientific “guidance/consultation”
- Draft project deliverables (e.g., Excel with VBA based models, model specifications, and technical reports) at “final quality” level with minimal senior review, and draft abstracts and manuscripts as lead or co-author
- Support other “non-billable” activities as needed (e.g. draft and approve proposals; lead methodological advancements, supervise junior staff; closely collaborate with other business units; lead some efforts as company representative)
Education, Professional Skills & Experience:
- PhD, Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with more than five years of relevant work experience. For example, Operations Research, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Biostatistics or related field or a similar program
Personal Skills & Competencies:
- Prior experience in health care modeling and health-economic outcomes research methods
- Practical experience in design, implementation and validation of cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition, discrete event simulation)
- Development of models suitable for submission to Health Technology Assessment groups or to support other reimbursement decisions
- Strong quantitative skills, with solid understanding of relevant statistical methods
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, senior managers and clients
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, with attention to detail
- Ability to manage deadlines, multiple tasks and relationships in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Required: Advanced Microsoft Excel modeling skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Desired: Experience implementing simulation models/ decision-analytic software (e.g., R, TreeAge, Anylogic, Arena)
- Competent in written and spoken English
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers. Our offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all our staff.
Evidera’s Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!
This job is posted by Thermo Fisher Scientific.
This link brings you to the website of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!