We are recruiting a Manager, Health Economics & Reimbursement professional to join our team. You are responsible for the development and execution of value-focused economic and reimbursement strategies. This includes supporting customers seeking reimbursement for Abbott therapies by having an in-depth understanding of US coding, coverage, and payment systems.
This position will be a strategic business partner to the Abbott Vascular business, primarily in the U.S. but will also be trained in support of our outside of the US teams. The Manager will manage projects to remove or lower barriers to patient access by developing and implementing value messaging strategies directed at healthcare providers, thought leaders, payers, and physician societies. This individual will develop and implement market access and reimbursement tactical plans for new and existing products. Key internal customers may include new product planning teams, clinical science and operations, marketing, sales and geography reimbursement teams. Key external customers may include provider customers (hospital economic buyers and physicians), private payers, government agencies, and physician societies.
What You’ll Do
Provides analysis to support cross-functional teams in development of health economic, value messaging, reimbursement and coverage strategies based on strong understanding of physicians, business/practice managers, payers, and their decision-making systems.
- Develops and maintains key relationships with international reimbursement teams, providers, payers, consultants and sales force as appropriate.
- Secures reimbursement for products through timely preparation of submissions, effective understanding of local processes and networking with key stakeholders.
- Works with internal cross-functional teams to communicate the business unit value proposition.
- Develops internal/external coding/coverage/reimbursement strategies, education, tools and support.
- Leads the development and presentation of tools and trainings.
- Manages projects with outside vendors.
- May manage project budgets.
- Works in conjunction with cross-functional teams to develop HE&R plans and strategies.
- Communicates with HE&R management and other departments necessary in order to facilitate achievement of reimbursement and market access objectives.
- Participates in regular, internal business unit meetings to influence and provide recommendations.
- Participates on key HE&R strategic cross-functional teams.
Education And Experience You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience OR 4 years with an advanced degree
- Advanced degree preferred (MHA, MBA, MS, etc.).
- Relevant experience in reimbursement medical devices, with specific experience in Vascular.
- Prior advance experience in the following categories: Service line administration, or C-suite experience in hospital, physician practice and/or payer setting, or prior industry reimbursement and health care economics experience.
- Thorough understanding of U.S. public and commercial payer models, reimbursement concepts (e.g., coverage, coding, and payment).
- Experience in health policy, health economics, technology assessment, or health care research.
- Understanding of medical / clinical research methods and publication interpretation, and ability to use evidence to support value proposition.
- Strategic thinker with experience implementing programs outside of direct reporting relationships.
- Experience in collaboration working across a matrix organization with various stakeholders.
- Communication, and ability to distill complex information into concise, impactful communications to both internal and external customers/stakeholders.
- Action oriented, comfort with ambiguity, business acumen, and organizational and strategic agility.
- Problem solving of highly complex issues, which requires critical assessment of potential impact on multiple interested parties.
What We Offer
At Abbott, You Can Have A Good Job That Can Grow Into A Great Career. We Offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs. Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
For years, Abbott’s medical device businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring system, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks.
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully.
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you to the website of Abbott.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!