East Hanover, NJ, US.
The Director, US Market Access Therapeutic Area Strategy is responsible for optimizing the market access strategy for launch and inline brands. This role is responsible for working across the US market access organization to craft a holistic product access strategy and ensure delivery of strategies for their respective product(s) that reflect the expertise across the different specialties within the US market access (i.e., Strategic Pricing & Contracting, Commercial Access Integration, Patient & Support Services, Finance). Additionally, this individual will ensure that these strategies are executed across the broader affected organization (i.e., the Product, Integrated Marketing, and Customer Engagement Organizations). The overarching objective is to ensure that each of our products is positioned for optimal payer coverage, affordability for appropriate patients, and durable value for Novartis over time and as the product matures and/or extends into new indications.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Functioning as the key point of contact for US and Global product teams, participating in all relevant product meetings and ensuring that other Market Access functions are involved and present as appropriate
• Ensuring the US Innovative Medicines Leadership Team (IMLT) is well-informed of product opportunities and challenges at any given time
• Partnering with Market Access Acct Management and Pricing & Channel Strategy to ensure that annual forecasts are accurate and reflect the latest market events
• Partnering with brand and other Market Access teams to secure annual budgets and ensure tactical plans support the Market Access product strategies
• Mastering the NVS Material Approval Process, including FUSE platform, compliance with pharma/FDA marketing policies, and vendor payment systems
• Oversee development of critical market research including development of qualitative and quantitative areas of study, and determining fundamental go-to-market principles to achieve optimal product commercialization
• Managing expectations across the organizations regarding Market Access conditions for individual products
This is a US based position. No international relocation will be provided for this position.
This position will be located at East Hanover, NJ site and will not have the ability to be located remotely. This position will require up to 20% travel as defined by the business (domestic and/ or international)
Please note that this role would not provide relocation and only local candidates will be considered.
What you’ll bring to the role:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, Healthy Policy or equivalent preferred
• Minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical experience in Marketing/Sales, Market Access or Managed Care Finance
• Thorough understanding, knowledge of and experience with US healthcare dynamics and the drivers of pharmaceutical value
• Ability to recognize complex relationships and market dynamics and to synthesize simplified, direct and effective communications
• Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and analytical skills combined with an ability to successfully collaborate across a matrix organization
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with potential inter dependent findings and deadlines
• Ability to implement programs that deliver improved business results in a timely manner combined with ability to adapt to changes within the internal and external environment
Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
Why Consider Novartis?
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
COVID-19: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions.
This job is posted by Novartis.
This link brings you to the website of Novartis.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!