Valencia, CA, US.
Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of health economics and reimbursement tools, value messages and educational programs; desktop research; and cross-functional engagement informing market access activities for pipeline and portfolio technologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct desktop research, facilitate surveys and payer advisory boards organizing access insights relevant to pipeline and portfolio medical technologies and data solutions.
- Prepare Access Landscape Assessments, including analyses evaluating treatment alternatives, policy consideration, coding, coverage, reimbursement, literature reviews and other data necessary to inform business and product development and ongoing commercialization of technologies throughout the product lifecycle.
- Support development and execution of Strategic Access Plans, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and maintain HEMA-related tools, messages and educational programs, ensuring ongoing compliance approval and communication through mediums and methods relevant to internal and external customers.
- Assess reimbursement, coverage and coding opportunities and challenges facing emerging technologies and commercially marketed products and communicate business impact to senior management.
- Support new product development teams to ensure timely access to medical technologies following regulatory approval within the United States.
- Provide compliant reimbursement support to commercial partners and key external stakeholders (e.g., hospitals, clinicians, investigator sites, professional societies and others).
- Provide appropriate in-service training to sales, marketing, clinical, regulatory, and legal to increase awareness and understanding of health economics and reimbursement competencies and their role in supporting a product’s success.
- Monitor and communicate policy developments that impact the reimbursement success of BSC products.
- Help build relationships in key markets with government, physician, hospital, and third-party payer decision makers.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework or degree in health economics, public health, health services research, health care administration or related discipline
- Knowledge of U.S. healthcare systems including health policy trends, reimbursement systems (inpatient/outpatient/physician/ASC), medical claims data and associated documentation and coding terms.
- Proven research, analytical and both written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively within a highly matrixed organization.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite), including high level of competency in Excel
- Advanced degree, post-secondary education, certification or significant experience in healthcare administration, public health or a related discipline.
- Prior experience working within the medical technology, pharmaceutical or insurance marketplace.
The anticipated annualized base pay range this full-time position working at this location will be from $69,000 to $131,000, plus variable compensation, i.e., annual bonus target (subject to plan eligibility and other requirements) and the value of core and optional employee benefits being offered at Boston Scientific (BSC).
At BSC, it is not typical for an individual to be hired near the bottom or top of the pay range. BSC considers various factors in determining actual compensation for this position at the expected location. Actual compensation will be commensurate with demonstrable level of experience and training, pertinent education including licensure and certifications, and other relevant business or organizational needs. Actual compensation may be otherwise adjusted if the position is filled outside of the intended geographic location.
Requisition ID: 562700
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
This job is posted by Boston Scientific.
This link brings you to the website of Boston Scientific.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!