Home-based, UK / Netherlands.
We are looking for a Health Economic Modeller/Research Associate III to implement simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition) to assess the cost-effectiveness of healthcare interventions. Manage multiple projects with tasks varying to degree by project.
In this role, you will be assisting the Principal Investigator with project management scoping, tracking progress, and delegating tasks to the project teams working on multiple projects. In addition, you will be implementing one or more of the following with guidance from the Principal Investigator:
- Design and development of health economic (HEOR) modelling to conduct cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses of healthcare interventions.
- Program the models using Microsoft Excel with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) or simulation specialized software (e.g., Arena) and conduct model validations.
- Conduct literature reviews with emphasis on extracting data pertinent to health economic evaluations and cost-effectiveness analyses.
- Conduct basic statistical analyses (e.g., descriptive statistics and regression analysis)
- Support development and maintenance of scientific resources (e.g., model templates, modeling training manuals).
- Draft project deliverables (e.g., Excel with VBA based models, user guides, model specifications and technical reports) and draft abstracts and sections of manuscripts with possible co-authorship.
- Responsible for developing a project plan and monitoring project progress (budget, timelines and deliverables) for multiple projects.
- Delegate tasks to junior staff as appropriate.
- Support other “non-billable” activities as needed (e.g., draft proposals and budgets; informal mentoring or supervision of junior staff; develop relations with colleagues within the company).
Keys to Success:
- PhD or Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or related field with Bachelor’s degree in a similar program (Mathematics, Economics, Epidemiology) and greater than 2 years of relevant work experience or Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of relevant experience of programming simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) or other decision analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition) in Microsoft Excel with VBA.
- If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working with modeling/simulation software, in particular Microsoft Excel using VBA.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Required: Excel and VBA expertise, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint. Desired: Experience using other simulation and/or decision-analysis software
- Practical knowledge of research project implementation and experience of project management.
- Familiarity with mathematical and simulation modeling.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of pharmacoeconomics, epidemiology and literature review principles.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong quantitative skills, with solid understanding of basic statistics.
- Energy, a great work attitude and fit well with our team.
- Strong organization skills.
- Competent in written and spoken English.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life – enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while taking science a step beyond through research, development and delivery of life-changing therapies. With clinical trials conducted in 100+ countries and ongoing development of novel frameworks for clinical research through our PPD clinical research portfolio, our work spans laboratory, digital and decentralized clinical trial services. Your determination to deliver quality and accuracy will improve health outcomes that people and communities depend on – now and in the future.
This role offers 100% remote working flexibility in EMEA.
Our multidisciplinary Modelling and Simulation experts design and implement health economic models that describe complex medical processes to understand and evaluate the implications of clinical trials; demonstrate the value of interventions beyond efficacy, and assess benefits, risks, and the economic consequences associated with healthcare interventions. If you have a passion for health economic modeling to conduct cost-effectiveness analyses of healthcare interventions and have experience conceptualizing and implementing simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition), a position in Modelling and Simulation at Evidera is waiting for you!
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus, healthcare, and a range of employee benefits. Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation!
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
This job ad will be unpublished on 06/03/2024.
This job is posted by Thermo Fisher Scientific.
This link brings you to the website of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!