We are seeking an experienced Head of Market Access to join HEOR reporting to the Director of Market Access. This is an opportunity to join an innovative and people-centric company, with a great learning and development culture, including strong mentorship and coaching. In this role you will be responsible for the people, projects and culture of the market access department working closely with multi-disciplinary HEOR and Market Access professionals on some of the most interesting of client challenges. We have offices in Cardiff and Bicester and permanent remote working will be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Functional team management and leadership
- Overall responsibility for the management of the Market Access department including resourcing and talent planning
- Direct management of line reports and mentoring of staff, including junior line managers, providing scientific and operational mentorship and training in the design, planning and execution of their tasks.
- Responsibility for motivating and engaging the team, the personal and professional development of team members, and self.
- To take overall responsibility for the delivery of high-quality research and documentation in line with project requirements and scope across the Market Access department.
- Liaise with the Heads of other Departments to ensure the availability of resource and quality of cross functional deliverables requiring multiple technical functions.
- Take the lead in identifying and implementing training programmes to develop and upskill colleagues.
- Participate and contribute as an active member of the HEOR service management team.
- Maintain an overview of future project workload to anticipate bottle necks and specific resource issues. Identify staffing gaps (or surplus) to facilitate even distribution of work
Project management and leadership
- Act as Strategic Lead on projects within specialist area, supporting and mentoring the Project Lead. On occasion, act as Project Lead for larger, more strategic or technical project
- Responsible for building and maintaining collaborative relationships with team members, clients, collaborators etc to ensure an effective, efficient, productive and professional working relationship
- Ensure compliance with all internal reporting and project management systems.
- Take overall accountability for the internal project team, clients and HEOR collaborators to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met to quality standards.
Research management and leadership
- Overall accountability for the quality of research developed and presented by the Market Access department, ensuring the appropriate checks and balances are in place to monitor and constantly improve methodology and deliverable quality.
- Participate in the development, implementation and communication of Best Practices, SOPs, templates, and quality assurance tools to ensure efficient preparation of high-quality research and deliverables.
- Take accountability for the research, development, and revision high-quality, original scientific content; develop clear, concise outlines and on-target first drafts, and incorporate data and revisions as needed.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to research projects, chairing and facilitating client meetings, workshops and training sessions.
- Support, guide and contribute to the development of market access training materials and activities
- Participates in publication and presentation of research.
Business development and strategic planning
- Assist with the writing and costing of proposals.
- Cultivate expertise in assigned therapeutic and technical areas.
- Stay up to date on Market Access technical and methodological innovations and developments.
- To represent the Company and promote client and new business development through attendance at conferences, client meetings, advisory boards etc.
- Proactively drive the development of the Market Access Department at HEOR, identifying areas for growth and improvement.
- Participate and contribute to strategic planning for the future growth and success of HEOR.
- Identify and lead on the development of new research offerings within and across the HEOR technical teams.
- Demonstrable experience in global market access and pricing
- Functional management experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrable experience in a market access and pricing consulting environment – understanding client’s research objectives and commercial strategy, developing high quality deliverables, developing and providing strategic market access guidance to clients, managing client relationships, managing team capacity and workload, ensuring effective communication between all project team members
- Ideally Master’s degree in a subject related to health services research e.g., health economics, public policy, health policy, epidemiology, biostatistics, or public health
- Previous experience of successfully managing, developing and mentoring a team of market access experts
- Experience managing multiple teams concurrently delivering a range of projects
- Work as part of a renowned and growing team where emphasis is placed upon ideas
- A ‘learning’ culture focused on personal development and supported by study bursaries
- Discounted gym membership
- Range of high street, supermarket, restaurant, holiday and entertainment discounts via a benefits platform
- Private health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Employees are given an additional day of leave for: their wedding and moving house
- Annual leave purchase scheme of up to 10 additional days’ leave per year
- Workplace pension scheme
- Flexible working, HEOR operates core hours of 10am-4pm, with option to work flexibly around these hours. We are committed to supporting work-life balance and family life and will consider any flexible working request
Established in 2011, HEOR is an independent, full service Market Access consultancy committed to delivering optimal outcomes for clients and for patients. A company founded on a passion for science and research, renowned for innovation and technical expertise, built of brilliant minds with a collective desire to deliver original, creative and successful solutions.
This advert will close on Friday 7th October 2022 though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised.
HEOR does not provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route for candidates therefore candidates must have and be able to demonstrate permission to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications received we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.
This job is posted by HEOR Ltd.
This link brings you to the website of HEOR Ltd.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!