Vertex is seeking an innovative and experienced individual for their International Outcomes Research role to lead evidence generation efforts supporting the value proposition of Vertex’s assets across disease areas
Vertex is in a transformational period where we are accelerating our capabilities, technology, and data to augment our scientific mission, enabling Vertex to grow in scale and be on the forefront of science, medicine, and technology.
The International Outcomes Research Director is a newly created position embedded in the International Health Economics and Outcomes Research team based in London, the aim of this role is to lead and orchestrate the execution of the evidence generation strategy based on observational retrospective research in Cystic Fibrosis and Hematology, supporting Vertex’s international organisation (Europe, Australia and LATAM).
The role will work in close collaboration with the HEOR team, Medical, Biostatistics, and Real-world Evidence International functions to ensure local evidence generation is executed in full alignment with global strategies while ensuring the use of robust scientific methods.
The International Outcomes Research Director will be reporting into the Sr. Director HEOR for the International region. The right candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and vast experience working with cross-functional teams across the matrix.
You will be tasked with leading retrospective, observational local study design in full alignment with global research, as well as ensuring overarching alignment and top-quality execution of evidence generation efforts led by the HEOR team across the International region.
The right candidate will have a strong track record in the design and conduct of retrospective, observational research all the way to publication, as well as proven expertise in the implementation of RWE at different stages of the product development and commercialization processes.
- Ensure global evidence generation plans are tailored to address local evidence needs by providing early insights on local data needs and gaps.
- Lead communication and dissemination of observational research for internal stakeholders to equip cross-functional country teams.
- Represent the International HEOR team in internal cross-functional evidence generation activities.
- Leverage close collaboration with other evidence generating functions in the International organization (Medical, Biostatistics, RWE, Clinical development).
- Ensure robust scientific methods are applied to study design and execution and in compliance with all local regulations.
- Accountable for the study design, data analysis and the quality of the results of the studies.
- Clearly communicate study findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead third party vendors performing research/data analysis and ensure progress against agreed timelines.
- Act as subject matter expert in real world evidence generation across the International organization.
- Encourage the use of innovative study designs, including integrating novel data sources, new methodologies, and advanced analytics.
- An advanced degree in one of the following areas: health economics, public health, biostatistics, epidemiology, data science, or another analytic field.
- Extensive experience shaping and generating scientific analysis for non-interventional studies, RWE generation, other research studies to support value proposition in a consulting and/or pharmaceutical environment; experience within a pharmaceutical company required.
- Specific experience on evidence generation with the use of EMR, patient registries, general databases, etc.
- Current understanding of international HEOR/payer environment, including HTA evidence requirements.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-experts.
- Successfully delivering global and/or local RWE projects from conceptualization to publication within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Track publication record of high-quality research in relevant peer reviewed scientific and/or clinical journals.
- Hands-on experience in working with cross-functional teams (e.g., medical affairs, biostatistics, market access, clinical development, etc.) to support evidence generation strategies from conceptualization to publications.
- Culturally sensitive collaborator able to effectively work in cross-functional teams to ensure alignment with business and stakeholder needs while managing to timelines and budgets.
- Combination of strong methodological quantitative knowledge, strategic, innovative thinking, and communication skills.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced environment.
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people (and their families) with serious diseases.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition.
This job is posted by Vertex.
This link brings you to the website of Vertex.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!