The Regional Market Access Manager (RMA) is the key contact responsible for local market accessin the territory assigned. The RMA is required to analyze access issues and opportunities, tomonitor the healthcare local environment and act as the key responsible for the interactions withaccess stakeholders at hospital level with pharmacists, medical directors and general managersand at regional level with payers and decision-makers for the right positioning of our orphan drugswithin Ethics and Compliance policies.
- Develop and implement Market Access Plan and Strategy, aligned with the Cluster Team andultimately validated by the Head of the Department in the defined zones.
- Analyze local access issues and opportunities, anticipating changes in the local healthcarelandscape and act as the access partner for all the franchises and products of the company.
- Establish partnership at hospital level with Hospital Pharmacists, Medical Managers andHospital Managers and at regional level with the decision makers to ensure access of ourdrugs, right positioning, and commits to business objectives.
- Understands local policies and recommendations
- Support product access through local strategies and resolve funding issues with payers anddecision makers in a manner consistent and compliant with company policies andrequirements.Gather evidence to demonstrate value to health technology assessment bodies, payers, andother audiences.
- Remain up to date regarding the external market access environment. Increase product awareness at meetings with access stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of the account action plans, together with the other field basedpositions (Sales Team and Medical Department).
- Maintain a constant presence on the field interacting with the field staff (Area Managers, Salesteam and Medical Department) gathering and sharing relevant information for thedevelopment and implementation of the action plans.
- Be accountable for the execution and follow-up of his/her activities agreed in the action plans. Support cross-functional team as a Market Access partner offering tailored support anddemonstrate effective communication with the internal teams.
- Engage with regional and hospital payers to design collaborative projects
- Collaborate with tender associate director to implement tender strategy and engage withregional/hospital procurement and tender’s bodies of his/her area of responsibility
- Manage regional market access managers maximizing resources for his/her area.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years Experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry in Pharma Affairs
- Knowledge of National Health System and legal aspects
- Knowledge of local pharmaceutical regulations
- English knowledge
- 3 years Previous experience in market access mandatory
- Travel 75 % of the time
Science Degree (Pharmacist, Biologist, Biotechnology…)
Preferable Pharmacoeconomics / Health Economics degree
- Must be able to credibly discuss pharmaceutical/medical product details with access stakeholders. Ability to manage complex situations and being able to make decisions.
- Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and foresee future Market Access scenarios and challenges.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional matrix.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and individually.
- Ability to synthesize clinical and health evidence into messages easily understood by nontechnical stakeholders.
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to changelives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We aredriven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients andfamilies fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees andrecognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates intoinnovative breakthroughs for patients.
This job ad will be unpublished on 22/02/2024.
This job is posted by Alexion.
This link brings you to the website of Alexion.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!