We are seeking highly qualified candidates to fill the position Senior Director Global Oncology HEOR & RWE (m/f/x).
The purpose of this role is to develop and drive the Global HEOR and RWE strategies for the assigned oncology franchise products, in alignment with key global and regional functions. The Global Sr Director of HEOR & RWE Oncology will lead the HEOR and RWE asset team in the execution of the market access strategy and evidence generation activities across Daiichi-Sankyo. He/She will build and drive the asset specific HEOR strategy and coordinate all corresponding HEOR and RWE activities under the Global Oncology Value Access & Pricing department for the Oncology Business Unit, in collaboration with cross-functional teams. The role will be responsible for the HEOR and RWE strategy and tactical plans, including decision making and people management in the conduct of global health economic models, global value dossiers, RWE studies, PRO analysis, and will develop plans for innovative tools, methods, and strategies to ensure successful market access and support the company’s vision of being a leader in oncology and deliver the innovative Daiichi Sankyo’s treatments to patient. The Sr Director will direct and supervise evidence generation strategies and tactics, both through cross-functional teams and management of subordinates.
Reports directly to the Vice President and Global Head of Oncology HEOR and RWE and has the responsibility to build a robust global HEOR/RWE strategy and manage team members and resources in order to execute on the strategy. The position will be a key and visible expert leader, he/she will engage the clinical, Medical Affairs and commercial organization and drive the product evidence strategies to ensure an effective use of HEOR and RWE methods. The Sr Director will provide HEOR and RWE strategic direction to Global Project Teams (GPTs) and Global Brand Teams (GBTs) and provide recommendations on such aspects as appropriate comparators, target patient populations, clinical and economic endpoints and patient-reported outcomes (PROs), ensuring the payer perspective is incorporated in the assigned clinical development programs and the evidence needed to support optimal market access is addressed. The Sr Director will help set up new strategies for the company and the HEOR team that will ensure a successful launch our oncology products. Lead the team through direct line management and arrange cross-functional working teams to drive process improvements and efficiencies. Furthermore, the role will develop HEOR sections in target product profiles (TPPs), product development plans, clinical development plans, and commercialization plans and other critical documents.
- The Global Sr Director of Oncology HEOR and RWE will have responsibility and accountability for the following:
- Lead the team in the preparation of global value dossiers which present the product value propositions and the supporting evidence, aligned with the product development strategies and agreed/endorsed by the GPTs, GBTs, Regional HEOR and market access, to realize an optimal value demonstration of the products
- Supervise the conduct of HEOR and RWE studies such as early economic models, burden of illness studies, external control arms to support single arm trials, and drive the development, analysis, and validation of patient-reported outcome (PRO) instruments in clinical trials
- Oversee the implementation of literature reviews to build payer evidence, economic models, and Global Value Dossiers
- Propose and drive the implementation of analysis of clinical trial data for cost effectiveness models and market specific ad-hoc requests for reimbursement submissions
- Assess RWE data gaps and building cross-functional evidence generation strategy for payers and reimbursement submissions
- Direct and oversee the implementation of global cost effectiveness and budget impact models for HTA submissions to support reimbursement of indications for Daiichi Sankyo’s oncology products
- Decide on HEOR and RWE communications (e.g. manuscripts, scientific forum presentations, slide decks, symposia), in collaboration with multi-functional teams, to build the peer reviewed published evidence supporting the value propositions for assigned products
- Effectively manage external consultancies and contractors, ensuring delivery according to key milestones, budget and to agreed and expected quality
- Maintain and continue to enhance knowledge about HEOR methods and the evolving public health policy and reimbursement environment in major (USA, Europe and Japan) and other pertinent markets
- Direct the team to ensure cross-functional collaboration between Global Value Access and Pricing and other internal stakeholders such as Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Marketing, Biostats, etc.
- Doctorate or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., health economics, medicine, pharmacy, public health, epidemiology)
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry, 8 of which must be working in the HEOR field
- Hands on experience with HEOR methodologies across all phases of the product life cycle is preferred
- Track record of successful application of HEOR & RWE with key external stakeholders in major international markets
- Knowledge and experience of Oncology therapy areas is strongly preferred
- Demonstrates understanding and (advanced) knowledge of key drug development processes, plans, studies, and strategies including clinical, regulatory, scientific, operational, and commercial aspects of drug development. Uses knowledge to the organization’s advantage; generates new ideas and enables the organization to improve business performance.
- Demonstrates understanding and (advanced) knowledge of HEOR methods and RWD, and the issues and challenges of applying these alongside clinical studies in drug development, and applies this knowledge to design HEOR strategies and RWE studies
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the commercial and market access policy environment across major markets and harnesses this knowledge to design effective HEOR evidence development strategies to support optimal market access for DS medicines
- Positive mindset and can-do attitude
- Strong influencing skills and ability to navigate in a matrix organization, with proven ability to work cross-functionally, build coalitions and develop strong partnerships across functions
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, team leadership, and ability to travel up to 30%
- Perceived as a leader in the field based on experience within a pharmaceutical industry, consulting, or equivalent organization involved in research and development of healthcare technologies and/or delivery solutions
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills and ability to work under pressure, to take accountability for business challenges, think strategically and tackle complex problems
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to identify trends and emerging patters in areas such as RWE, HEOR, HTA assessments, Market Access, and Healthcare delivery and payer requirements
- Track record of leading others, both in cross-functional teams and direct line management
- Fluently in English (written and spoken)
What we offer
Working at Daiichi Sankyo
At Daiichi Sankyo in Europe, we offer a workplace where your voice is heard. Everything we do, we do with a high level of commitment and a clear focus on patients’ needs. We know that our bold ambition to change patients’ lives for the better can only be achieved through the power of collaboration and the exploration of new approaches. Thus, we encourage our colleagues across Europe to be courageous, to bring their ideas to the table and to embrace opportunities to grow. When you join our European family, you will be a part of a dynamic company where everyone, no matter their role, rolls up their sleeves and gets things done.
Passion for Innovation. Compassion for Patients.
Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees in more than 20 countries are dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical products. In Europe, we focus on two areas: In the cardiovascular space, our strong portfolio of medicines reflects our long-standing commitment and shows that we care for every heartbeat; in oncology our goal is to become a global pharma innovator until 2025 by providing novel therapies to patients across the world. Our European headquarters are in Munich, Germany, and we have affiliates in 13 European countries.
This job is posted by Daiichi Sankyo.
This link brings you to the website of Daiichi Sankyo.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!