1. Support the development and implementation of RWE strategies across multiple molecules with a service mindset, in collaboration with internal partners, to ensure that the value of our medicines is supported by evidence both globally and locally.
2. Support cross-functional Real World Evidence teams consisting of internal partners with the clear objective to deliver scientifically valid and robust evidence to support all stages of product development, and to drive global and local value demonstration.
3. Lead non-interventional studies and other RWD projects and stay current with and adopt emergent analytical methodologies, tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and innovative approaches; identify new ideas for RWE that are specific and measurable and promote an innovative mindset throughout the organization.
4. Apply rigor in study design and analytical methods; design a fit-for-purpose analysis plan, assess innovative and more effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability; implement and/or oversee the study, including its reporting; ensure compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
5. Drive RWE innovations and effective communication to internal stakeholders, regulatory, health technology assessment (HTA) bodies and scientific communities; continuously strive to publish results in peer-review journals and conferences; participate in external meetings and forums as a thought-leader (e.g., congress/conference).
6. Lead functional, cross-functional, enterprise-wide or external RWE communities, networks, collaborations, initiatives or goals on knowledge-sharing, methodologies, innovations, technology, IT infrastructure, policy-shaping, processes, etc. to enable broader and more effective use of data and analytics to reimagine cancer treatment.
7. Lead effective communication on RWE activities and studies.
8. Support the development of the CONEXTS RWE service and contribute to the development of department-level standards, tools and templates and preparing ‘best practices’ and sharing in alignment with RWE Executive Director.
9. Mentor/coach colleagues to improve in their role with both personal and technical skills and help on-board new team members, as appropriate, and complete special projects as assigned.
Master’s degree in a field such as epidemiology, public health, biostatistics, statistics, bioinformatics, economics or similar. Extensive relevant experience expected conducting research in the pharma industry, contract research organization, healthcare provider / HTA or academic institute, or experience in a closely related discipline within the pharma industry.
PhD in a field such as epidemiology, public health, biostatistics, statistics, bioinformatics, economics or similar. Relevant experience expected conducting research in the pharma industry, contract research organization, healthcare provider / HTA or academic institute, or experience in a closely related discipline within the pharma industry.
• Deep understanding and experience of Real World Data/Real World Evidence or related disciplines (e.g., HEOR, outcomes research) to generate scientifically rigorous and value evidence from secondary data sources.
• Experience/knowledge in causal inference methods including propensity score matching, inverse probability of treatment weights.
• Strong experience and excellent knowledge of observational and/or epidemiological research and statistical methods.
• Demonstrated track record of leading and executing research projects with no or minimal supervision using real world data from claims, electronic health records, registries, biobanks, and/or digital applications.
• Proven ability to interpret, discuss and represent data relating to the assigned area.
• Strong team spirit and service mindset.
• Demonstrated ability to publish study results in peer-review journals and conferences.
• Demonstrated experience with managing project scope and driving delivery in an evolving environment requiring proactivity and effective problem-solving and prioritization when faced with challenges.
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills. Proven ability to translate and communicate complex ideas, concepts and RWE solutions to diverse audiences.
• Proven ability to work both independently and in a cross-functional team setting.
• Proven ability to develop and successfully implement new strategies and ideas. Well organized and results focused, ability to meet difficult timelines in a dynamic environment.
• Action oriented – Excellent organization, interpersonal and influencing skills, ensuring delivery to target and expectations.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills. Highly effective at providing input at meetings, discussions and activities covering aspects of research data management and analysis on research projects.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidised dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity, and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
This job is posted by Novartis.
This link brings you to the website of Novartis.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!