As part of the Takeda Canada’s Patient Value and Access Team, the Senior Manager, Market Access & Payer Evidence will lead the development of market access strategies for the inline and future portfolio through the design of comprehensive HTA dossiers, payer evidence generation strategies, and the implementation of value creation/demonstration initiatives, with local and global stakeholders. The candidate will also strategize early engagement with Canadian payers and decision makers on future Takeda pipeline products to provide insights for consideration by Global Clinical teams in the development of the clinical development program.
This is a highly strategic and collaborative role, requiring leadership with multiple internal cross-functional colleagues and external partners to deliver prioritized, strategic recommendations for various payer-focused programs. This role requires proactivity, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work on a broad range of projects as you work autonomously and as part of larger teams across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
Reporting to the Market Access Director located at the head office in downtown Toronto, as the Senior Manager, Market Access & Payer Evidence you will:
- Lead the strategic development and establishment of best practices on navigating Canadian reimbursement processes and trends, including clinical and economic evidence, gap identification, and payer engagement. Identify Canada-specific gaps and develop robust, integrated strategies and tactics, aligned with local, global medical and marketing teams for achieving/strengthening/maintaining access that demonstrate and communicate the value of Takeda’s products.
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Government & External Affairs and other teams (Patient Engagement, Policy) to identify and build relationships with key thought leaders (clinicians, economists) and to seek value-based opportunities that engage payers (public, private, HTA) to drive access strategies and tactics. This includes strategic counsel on robust RWE generation to help shape and influence policies in Canada and to drive the brand strategies.
- Proactively partners with medical, to identify, develop and execute plans for collecting real world effectiveness data that supports access strategies. Ensure that the relevant inputs have been captured as required for the clinical development program and/or support initiatives locally led by Medical to ensure data collection/generation to support optimal positioning and access.
- Lead the conceptualization and execution of sophisticated payer evidence generation approaches to resolve economic modelling gaps, using relevant and robust data sources, including clinical trials, HRQoL studies, SLRs and ITCs, retrospective database analyses, and epidemiological studies. Responsible for driving Canada’s needs at EUCAN/global on health economic and other payer evidence studies for key assets.
- Ensure an enterprise mindset to serve as the accountable market access lead for a therapeutic area and to shape and influence brand strategies by cross functional partners such as Marketing, Medical and Commercial Excellence (e.g., access programs post launch, clinical practice guidelines).
- Lead new product initiatives, in collaboration with Market Access and Pricing colleagues, to develop comprehensive assessments of new products/opportunities which consider pricing, impact of factors such as clinical program, regulatory status, health economics and market to contribute to the determination of introduction to the Canadian market and to optimize launch through evaluation of price points, PMPRB exposure and market challenges related to market access and reimbursement.
- Be a strategic partner on the development of Product Listing Agreement (PLA) public and private negotiation strategy in consultation with Market Access leadership and in collaboration with Finance and Sales/Marketing and participate either as a delegate of Directors, Market Access & Government Relations as co-lead negotiator with Government & External Affairs team lead OR as support for PLA discussions.
- Responsible for keeping updated on the dynamic changes in the payer environment and proactively communicating in-depth analyses with strategic recommendations to the business on any potential opportunities/risks and incorporating anticipated trends into strategies for cross functional partners.
- Responsible for ensuring a thorough understanding of Takeda’s Code of Ethical Practices, IMC Code of Ethics, and Takeda’s SOPs are strictly adhered to, upholding a commitment to compliance and operates with integrity within all business objectives. Promotes and conducts the affairs of the company with the highest standards of integrity, probity and corporate governance, demonstrating commitment to the values of Takeda-ism.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree (sciences, economics, political science or public administration). Post-graduate experience (training or degree) in health economics, epidemiology, biostatistics, or healthcare forecasting is an asset.
- Solid experience (5+ years for Senior Manager, 3+ years for Manager) in pharmaceutical reimbursement/market access, including competency in health technology assessment and healthcare analytics.
- Strong understanding of the therapeutic areas and disease management.
- Keen interest in health economic evaluation methods and applications and health technology assessment.
- Experience with health economic models (partitioned-survival analysis, Markov models, discrete event simulations, BIAs), payer evidence requirements (SLRs, ITCs, NMAs, HrQOL & costing studies) applications of RWE and HTA submissions.
- Ability to effectively translate clinical and economic evidence into a value proposition to address the unmet needs of the payer.
- Strong understanding of the current pharmaceutical industry, specifically the specialty pharma business model and payer and market access environment.
- Navigate whitespaces with a high-level of initiative to formulate solutions and drive decision-making
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial attitude; Business ownership: pursues ideas and projects that ensure sustainable, long-term success despite odds with perseverance.
- Willingness to travel to regular meetings or client sites, including overnight trips and some international travel, as required.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and has a team of engaged employees who strive for excellence in everything they do.
With over 50,000 people working in approximately 70 countries Takeda is truly a global partner for better health. Takeda is a global Top Employer® (2018-2022) dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission for Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Toronto, CanadaCAN – Remote (Ontario)
This job is posted by Takeda.
This link brings you to the website of Takeda.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!