The Market Access Specialist will provide targeted support to the Government Affairs and Access team including tracking and management across multi-disciplinary areas to enable the effective functioning of the Market Access and Policy Team and to support planning and execution in Canada.
- Coordinate and support public and private HTA submissions, responses, and reimbursement activities across all TAs
- Supporting meetings and preparation related to HTA agencies
- Provide assistance in the development of business cases for P&RC
- Update, Monitor and maintain Pricing and reimbursement system updates (PAR), including analyzing contracts for key operational considerations
- Supporting Product Listing Agreement activities by supporting contracting needs and coordinating internal review
- Coordinating Canadian team collaborative external engagement activities and ensuring cross-organization alignment on objectives and priorities
- Participate and contribute to cross-functional projects that impact access and reimbursement (i.e. PSP algorithms)
- Coordinate PMPRB and provincial pricing submissions (Collaborate with legal, finance and external consultant PDCI); ensuring analyzing experience vs contractual terms
- Ensuring internal requirements and approvals (Veeva, legal, etc.) are met for any applicable material or project
- Manage contracting needs including POs, HCP requisition to pay process and other relevant systems, policies, and procedures (Aries, contracts, sponsorships, memberships, etc.)
- Attend and contribute to therapeutic area meetings to report out / take actions on behalf of the team.
- Coordinate and track Action Grids (SmartSheet) resulting from meetings and reviews, ensuring we take decisions and deliver on agreed tasks
- Maintain and update federal and provincial lobbyist registration
- Organize and support team meetings ensuring agendas, minutes and all logistics are managed in full.
- Assist the team with the development of documents, emails, presentations, letters and other files
- Policy research (public and private) – monitor all major jurisdictions and private insurers for reimbursement policy shifts/changes as well as private insurance, federal pharmacare, newborn screening, pricing policy, HTA considerations (past reviews, outcomes), etc
- Proactively manage day to day matters and projects as necessary
- Ensure all work is completed compliantly and in accordance with company policy
- Manage vendor relations
- Degree in, life sciences, economics or statistics
- A postgraduate degree such as Masters, MPH, or PhD in the area of Health Outcomes/Health Economics is preferred
- Previous experience supporting diverse team for a minimum of 3 years
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment dealing with changing priorities
- Experience of organizing and prioritizing a varied and busy workload
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong team player, autonomous, dynamic, results focus
- Strong communication skills, strongly customer oriented
- Professional presence and diplomacy
- Focused and detail oriented with the ability to see the bigger picture and anticipate needs
- Strong organizational and project management skills and experience
- Strong work ethic and pride in work product
- Strong sense of ethic, integrity and responsibility
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease.
This job is posted by Alexion.
This link brings you to the website of Alexion.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!