Integrated access business partner for vaccine, this position leads the Market Access Strategy team for assigned Business Unit (BU) for developing and driving the execution of all strategic and tactical market access initiatives including individual product integrated access strategies and serves as the primary Market Access Business Partner (MABP) to the assigned BU to support optimal revenues and patient access for pipeline as well as on market BU specific products in China.
- Leads the Market Access Strategy team and serves as the primary MABP to the assigned BU to facilitate cross-functional efforts through the developing and implementation of impactful access strategies for individual BU products with compelling and differentiated product-specific customer value propositions for patient access as an integrated and holistic access strategy in individual integrated product business plans
- Ensures BU specific product market access perspective is incorporated into respective global product market access strategy via close correspondence with relevant global access strategy teams and global product life cycle teams
- Establish and maintain close relationship with selected external stakeholders in broad health technology access aspects, especially related to pharmaceuticals, biotechnologies, cell and gene therapies
- Manages and coaches team, manages allocated budget, and develops talent and capability
- Bachelor’s degree in applied scientific disciplines including but not limited to business administration, economics, finance, health policy, health economics, pharmacy administration or other relevant qualifications; advanced degree strongly preferred (MD, Ph.D., MBA, MPH, MS, etc)
- Demonstrated leadership and collaborative abilities at all levels within an organization
- Ten-year plus in positions of increasing responsibility and experience including people management in product market access strategy, reimbursement, or financing in pharmaceutical, medical devices, diagnostics, or commensurate experience in related healthcare industries or relevant consultancy companies
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing product-specific market access strategies including reimbursement, hospital, multi-channel, and patient access planning preferred
- Strong knowledge of China market access environment at national, provincial, and local levels including public, private, and commercial dynamics preferred
- Knowledge of pricing, financing, reimbursement schemes, managed care, and distribution channels in different areas of the world desirable
- Knowledge of relevant value based research tools, methodologies, and analytics including pricing analysis and HTA/HEOR
- Strong leadership skills, strategic mindset, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities, and the ability to balance short and long term priorities
- Demonstrated strategic capabilities with a record of leading cross functional strategic initiatives from conception through completion
- Ability to build strong cross-functional, regional, and global partnerships and the ability to manage by influence outside of direct reporting structure
- Ability to work well in matrix environment and independently
- Excellent oral and written skills; strong presentation and communication skills to interact with senior leadership
- Cross-country, regional, and global experience desirable
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
This job is posted by MSD.
This link brings you to the website of MSD.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!