Make It Possible is a Botswana based implementing subsidiary of Palladium LLC; global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives. Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Promoting Results and Outcomes through Policy and Economic Levers (PROPEL) Health is a five-year USAID-funded project awarded to Palladium on September 23, 2022. PROPEL Health aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through: (1) policy development and implementation, (2) adequate, predictable, and sustainable health financing, (3) enhanced government stewardship, transparency, and accountability, and (4) use of evidence-based advocacy approaches at global, national, and subnational levels to promote best practices. It focuses on family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH), primary healthcare, and the integration of FP/RH with HIV and maternal and child health (MCH).
PROPEL Health Botswana, in collaboration with USAID, is prepared to provide long-term support to the Botswana Ministry of Health (MOH) and National AIDS and Health Promotion Agency (NAHPA) to achieve universal health coverage (UHC) and sustain health and impact by supporting national and subnational efforts to ensure access to efficient, equitable, and high-quality healthcare and revitalize primary healthcare. We will leverage existing relationships and previous successes in the HIV response and universal health coverage efforts. In collaboration with the Ministry of Finance (MOF), multilaterals (World Health Organization [WHO], UNAIDS, and UNICEF), the Global Fund, the private sector, civil society organizations, and beneficiaries, PROPEL Health will support the MOH to enhance Botswana’s health sector resilience, responsiveness, and equity. Together, we will implement a coordinated set of activities that will strengthen capacity in human resource planning and management to ensure that healthcare workers are available to provide efficient, quality health services, and mobilize and secure adequate and sustainable financing to achieve sustained universal health coverage in Botswana.
The company is seeking for qualified Botswana based candidates for the position of Senior Technical Advisor – Health Financing, PROPEL Health Botswana. Interested candidates should submit their applications accompanied by the CV and proof of academic qualifications no later than 19th October 2023, at 5pm local time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Technical Advisor – Health Financing (HF) provides senior level technical expertise in Health Financing and will also support the overall achievement of program goals across primary health care (PHC), Public Financial Management (PFM) and other health financing activities including capacity strengthening; supports the PROPEL Health Botswana workplan development and implementation of the Health Financing component in collaboration with the Country Director and project technical leads. The Senior Technical Advisor will report to the PROPEL Health Country Director in Botswana, providing updates on activity status and progress, and share results, best practices and lessons learned.
The Senior Technical Advisor serves as the direct liaison between PROPEL Health and the Ministry of Health on issues related to HF and PHC under the leadership of the Country Director and alongside other PROPEL Health staff. Outlined below are some of the Specific Tasks for the Technical Advisor:
- Provide high-level, state-of-the-art technical assistance to the MOH on key health financing and PHC activities.
- Participate in relevant policy and guideline development.
- Provide analytical support on health financing and economics activities, including desk-based research, literature review, and quantitative analysis.
- Lead the design, preparation and facilitation of roundtable engagements and workshops with stakeholders as necessary (e.g., from Donor, Private and Government agencies).
- Support Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning for PROPEL Health using the findings to improve workplan implementation and ensuring the exchange of best practices and lessons learned.
- Design a sustainable capacity building model to ensure Ministry of Health counterparts are directly engaged and evolve their health financing competencies and applied knowledge.
- Collaborate with Country Office technical leads to ensure appropriate technical assistance – where necessary outside of local staff — is identified and provided for implementation and client capacity building.
- Lead and assist in policy formulation, strategic planning, training and capacity development efforts, and evidence generation and analytics as relevant in support of workplan activities and deliverables.
- Participate in the design and implementation of performance-based financing programmes and advise accordingly on its improvement.
- Coordinate and facilitate the Health Financing technical working group (TWG) and other meetings and consultations.
- Contribute to review and updating of Botswana’s Health Financing strategy.
- Provide weekly updates to the PROPEL Health Botswana team on work progress and contribute to activity reports and success stories as needed.
- Assist with identifying new activities or partnerships that will advance Ministry of Health and PROPEL Health project goals.
- Engage in new Palladium business development including keeping up to date with development opportunities in Botswana.
- Develop bi-weekly and quarterly reports of program progress and accomplishments and track program performance.
- Contribute sections to several reports for USAID and the PROPEL website.
- Conduct other tasks as assigned by the Country Director to fulfil the needs of the Botswana Country program.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Health Economics, Health Financing, Health Systems, Public Health, Health Policy and planning, or equivalent.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 10 years’ Experience in Health Financing and Project Management and technical supervision.
- Proven experience applying Health Financing data generation tools.Understanding and experience in areas relevant to PROPEL Health’s mandate such as policy, health financing, governance, and advocacy.
- Demonstrated expertise in policy engagement within developing countries and Middle-Income Countries.
- Established global and regional professional networks related to health systems, PHC and HF
- Strong track record of producing demonstrable results.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with national counterparts, academia, and development partners.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
- Appropriate skills necessary to conduct research and develop policy briefs.
- Familiarity and experience with USAID reporting guidelines
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences
Fluency in English is required.
Other Desirable Skills:
Initiative, strong conceptual abilities, sound judgment.
Botswanan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
This job is posted by The Palladium Group.
This link brings you to the website of The Palladium Group.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!