Abbott Established Pharma in French Africa is looking for a Market Access Head to be based in Algiers.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitor government and payer policies, especially as related to coverage, pricing, reimbursement, tender, formulary listing, demand control of EPD portfolio, disseminate business implications, call for actions, increase our pro-activeness
RESPONSIBLE FOR MA AUTHORITIES AND CUSTOMERS
– MoH as related to drug pricing, reimbursement, listing or other relevant policies
– Pricing & Reimbursement Authority
– HTA (Health Technology Assessment) Agencies
– Public market listing agencies (e.g. EDL, Universal Coverage, gov’t tender, public hospital drug formulary committees, country-specific drug formularies)
– Private market listing agencies (e.g. private health plans, private insurance drug formularies, private hospital drug formulary committees)
DEVELOP AND EXECUTE COUNTRY MARKET ACCESS PLAN, including:
– Forward-looking opportunity and risk assessment
– MA customer insights
– MA strategy
– Action plan synergized horizontally (partner functions) and vertically (local-global)
– Proper integration into affiliate business and financial plan
OBTAIN/ MAINTAIN/ OPTIMIZE PORTFOLIO PRICING, REIMBURSEMENT, LISTING AND PAYER GUIDELINES
– Perform pricing analysis, capture price increase opportunities, minimize price risks
– Prospect growth opportunities (e.g. gov’t health programs, gov’t tenders, private health plans, private insurances)
– Define required portfolio to win, incorporate needs into affiliate portfolio book
– Develop listing or de-listing strategy in collaboration with partner functions
– Optimize payer demand control guidelines (e.g. INN Rx, Gx substitution, restricted Rx)
– Prepare pricing, reimbursement, formulary listing (with or without tender) dossiers
– Negotiate with MA customers to maximize business outcome
DESIGN PAYER PARTNERSHIP AND VALUE-ADDED PROGRAMS to enhance our value offering
IMPROVE MARKET ACCESS REGULATIONS FOR OFF-PATENT PRODUCTS
– Customize global category value proposition & position paper for local market
– Complement with local evidences
– Represent EPD at local industry association, proactively drive off-patent policies
– Build and lead local external engagement
BUILD FUNDAMENTALS FOR SUSTAINABLE GROWTH
– Customers: mapping, define/ optimize coverage, ensure quality access
– Talent: recruit talent to profile, continuous talent development
Supervise country Market Access team
Part of country Leadership team, Part of function Leadership team
Directly impact affiliate top and bottom line performance
Approver for country pricing, reimbursement, listing submission
Chief negotiator for country pricing, reimbursement, listing
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Excellent access to local market access authorities (MOH, Pricing & Reimbursement authorities, HTA agencies, Formulary listing committees) and key stakeholders (experts, academia etc) to obtain insights and perform effective external stakeholder engagement
- Expert knowledge of country/cluster market access regulations and mechanisam in order to derive expert insights to guide affiliate/cluster holistic access strategy
- Demonstrate advanced technical skillsets in strategic and tactical pricing, health economics, policy analysis and stakeholder engagement to deliver market access results
- Successful track record in submission and negotiation pricing, reimbursement, formulary listing and payer guidelines in responsible countries/ clusters
- Strong leadership and influencing skills in engaging business leaders and partner functions to establish the function and continuously improve market access contribution to the overall business results
University degree. Additional education in Public Health, or Medicines or Pharmacy or Health Economics is a plus
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you to the website of Abbott.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!