Boston, MA, US.
Vertex is seeking a talented and motivated individual with the desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society. The role is as a Sr. Manager within the Modeling Center of Excellence (CoE), a designated group within the HEOR team that provides strategic and technical modeling support to HEOR, Market Access & Pricing, and the broader commercial organization.
The main responsibility of the Sr. Manager will be to support the HEOR disease/asset teams in developing health economic models, including models that will provide the foundations for HTA submissions, as well as early models to inform evidence generation needs. The Sr. Manager will provide input into global product value strategy and tactics as well as input to design and interpretation of post-hoc clinical trial analyses and evidence generation studies that relate to economic models. The Sr. Manager may also conduct analyses for evidence and insights generation.
The Sr. Manager will report to the Senior Director of the Modeling CoE. The role has flexibility to be in-person or remote.
- Lead the development of global cost-effectiveness and budget impact models, and associated materials. The work will involve both in-house “hands-on” development of models as well as management and quality assurance and validation of work conducted by external vendors.
- Conduct model trainings and provide support to regional teams in local adaptation process and development of HTA submissions, as well as continued support during negotiations with reimbursement authorities.
- Provide thought leadership on economic modeling to support development of strategic plans and evidence generation activities
- Interpret clinical studies results and plan additional statistical analyses needed for global models and local model adaptations, including indirect treatment comparisons
- Provide input into design and interpretation of evidence generation studies needed to support economic models
- Provide methodologic and analytic support (including de novo programming) for retrospective database analyses conducted internally
- Provide subject matter expertise/knowledge to cross-functional partners to support understanding and appropriate application of relevant HEOR evidence in support of access/reimbursement
- Present research findings at scientific congresses, participate in development of high-quality publications for peer-review
- Advanced degree in health economics or a related discipline (such as mathematics, statistics, economics, epidemiology)
- Typically requires 6 years of relevant experience in health economics and outcomes research, or the equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g., Doctorate degree and 2 years’ experience, Master’s degree, and 4 years of experience)
- Experience designing and developing (including programming) health economic models (partition survival models, Markov cohort models, patient-level simulation models)
- Advanced skills with Excel and Visual Basic programming for model development, as well as R and/or SAS for data analysis
- Excellent communication skills, strong oral/written presentation skills
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced environment
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition.
This job ad will be unpublished on 05/01/2024.
This job is posted by Vertex.
This link brings you to the website of Vertex.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!