Marlborough, MA, US.
Responsible for the development and implementation of health economics, market access and reimbursement strategies for all franchises of Urology with an emphasis on supporting business development (BD) strategies, policy, advocacy, and reimbursement planning for US public payers and public and private payers globally. In addition, this role will also include collaboration with the franchise leadership teams to support key evidence strategy development and execution for the urology portfolios.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform coding, reimbursement, and access due diligence and generate recommendation for the BD team.
- Work with analytic team to perform data analyses to support BD activities.
- Develop, implement, and manage health economics, market access, and reimbursement activities for Boston Scientific’s Urology businesses working with divisional staff and key internal and external stakeholders.
- Construct strategies and tactics to secure or expand optimal reimbursement for the Urology portfolio by supporting each Urology business with Medicare reimbursement policy strategies to optimize payment.
- Monitor global reimbursement and access policies to secure and expand reimbursement for Urology products.
- Implement and manage activities required to achieve HEMA objectives including but not limited to preparation of value dossiers, economic tool and calculator developments, new code applications, customer billing guides, and others.
- Develop and implement market access strategies with Government Affairs, Corporate HEMA and other functions to support US and global initiatives.
- Identify key health economic unmet market needs to drive evidence generation and research activities to increase scientific share of voice.
- Work with Global Value & Outcomes Marketing, regional (EU and APAC) HEMA and Marketing, Franchise Leadership, and new product development teams to ensure HEMA needs are incorporated into product development plans and timelines ensuring all deliverables are completed efficiently.
- Engage in training to sales, marketing, clinical, regulatory, and legal to increase awareness and understanding of health economics and reimbursement competencies and its role in supporting a product’s success.
- Provide hands-on assistance and consultation to the HEMA analytic team for timely execution of various health economic analyses.
- Support Field Health Economics and Field Market Access & Payer Relation teams by generating and providing data and analytics.
- Engage with Urology Societies (AUA, SMSNA, SUFU, AUGS, etc.) to assist in evidence partnerships and education.
- Help to build relationships in key global markets with government, physician, hospital, and third-party payer decision-makers.
- PhD in health policy, health economics, healthcare administration, health services research or similar discipline.
- 7+ years of experience in the medical industry, including medical device, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology companies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate scientific evidence and tools to various customers including but not limited to payers, providers, physicians, and policy makers.
- Strong understanding of US health care policy and payment systems, including ambulatory surgery center, hospital outpatient, and physician reimbursement.
- Hands on experience with Federal rule making processes (e.g., CMS OPPS, IPPS, PFS annual rules).
- Familiar with global market access requirements.
- Experience with peer review publications in tier 1 and tier 2 medical journals.
- Hands-on experience with large payer database analysis, protocol development, interpretation of data, and synthesis of data to generate report.
- Proficiency in presenting evidence and tools in a simplified manner to commercial organizations such as Sales and Marketing. This includes but not limited to sales education and training, medical education, and national accounts.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Travel estimated at 20%, including overnight travel.
- People management experience.
- Experience with new technology reimbursement pathways, particularly device.
- Ability to work with business development (BD) to assess reimbursement and access opportunities for targeted products.
- Urology industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work and influence in a matrix organization.
Requisition ID: 559462
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
This job is posted by Boston Scientific.
This link brings you to the website of Boston Scientific.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!