Raritan, NJ, US.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Director, Global Real World Evidence (RWE) in our Global Commercial Strategy Organization (GCSO). The position is based in Raritan, NJ and will require up to 25% travel.
The Senior Director Global RWE will lead the strategy development and execution of industry leading RWE capabilities and talent development in the Commercial Data Science team within the Janssen GCSO. This individual will work closely with the VP Global RWE and other leaders in GCSO to drive the GCSO transformation to optimize our global go-to-market launch planning strategies through innovative and highly strategic decisions and investments using RWE.
Major responsibilities include leveraging their deep industry expertise, and gaining critical cross-functional insight, on opportunities for acceleration of RWE growth across and beyond GCSO and putting that strategy into action. Key partnerships include medical affairs, market access and commercial analytics as well as outside GCSO including with regional commercial and scientific analytics and US Real World Value & Evidence (RWV&E), Global Epidemiology, J&J Technology (JJT) Data Sciences, Janssen R&D Data Science, JJT, and others. The Senior Director Global RWE will ensure alignment with regional/local RWE stakeholder strategies and contribute to execution as needed. A close working relationship with the market access RWE team will also be essential. This individual will sit on the GCSO Global RWE LT and will interact regularly with other leaders across GCSO and the regional businesses in support of commercial RWE initiatives. This individual will report directly to the VP, GCSO Global RWE, and partner closely with other members in the Commercial Data Science team.
- In strong partnership with Global Medical Affairs, Global Market Access and other cross-functional Integrated Evidence Generation Planning (IEG) partners, co-create the RWE strategies for our Immunology portfolio
- Be a strong and technical leader for the RWE team by defining data and analytics strategies for specific RWE projects across GCSO
- Ensure scientifically and methodologically rigorous analyses are used for observational studies addressing medical, scientific, economic and outcomes research questions
- Develop key RWE-based insights on our early pipeline assets to drive global commercial strategies and create a competitive advantage by making better business decisions derived through strategic and patient-centric RWE approaches
- Develop the global strategy for the generation and utilization of RWE for our key pipeline assets including, for example, data-driven patient journeys and deep-understanding of unmet medical needs
- Interface outside of GCSO with the regional businesses, US RWV&E, Global Epidemiology, R&D, JJT, Legal, HCC and others in the development of the RWE strategy and guidelines for evidence generation and usage
- Assess the financial implications and business case for RWE investments and help communicate overarching return on investment, business value drivers, success metrics, etc.
- Build and grow a diverse team of experts with deep RWE expertise and business acumen
- Work side by side with the Commercial Data Science, Digital Health, Data, Platforms and Partnerships and Precision Medicine teams on joint projects to ensure the optimal combination of RWD/E methodologies and analytics along with AI/ML and Digital solutions are being leveraged to deliver on high value use cases
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as epidemiology, health economics, econometrics, statistics, or related. PhD preferred.
- At least 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with RWE in a commercial, medical affairs, scientific affairs and/or R&D environment is required
- Expert knowledge in RWE, epidemiology, health economics and outcomes research, statistical and/or other quantitative methods and predictive modelling frameworks and techniques is required
- Strong technical domain know-how to lead, coach and grow a team required
- Demonstrated ability to influence in a large and matrixed organization required
- Expertise as a methodologist for observational studies (prospective and retrospective) from design through conduct, analysis and reporting required
- Experience leading highly functioning statistical and/or analytical experts in a direct-reporting or matrixed-reporting manner required
- Experience in immunology therapy area(s) is a must have
- Experience with programming in major statistical analysis systems, such as SAS and R preferred
- Firm understanding of the uses of evidence-based medicine and comparative effectiveness analyses for health policy decision-making preferred
- Management of analytical and statistical activities of external service providers preferred
- Excellent team player, driven by growth mindset and servant leadership
- Experience working in multiple therapeutic areas preferred
The expected base pay range for this position is 250,000 – 315,000 USD
At the Janssen, Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Neuroscience, Oncology, Immunology, and Infectious Disease.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
This job is posted by Johnson & Johnson.
This link brings you to the website of Johnson & Johnson.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!