Home-based, Chicago, IL, US.
As the Senior Director, Global HEOR/RWE you will be responsible for developing strategies to deliver innovative and scientifically robust health economic and outcomes evidence using best practice and innovative RWE methodologies, tools and techniques to demonstrate the burden of illness and prove the value of Baxter technologies and therapies. These activities will help accelerate product development, market access/reimbursement, and technology adoption. You will partner with the Global Business Unit (GBU) Medical leaders to determine the optimized utilization of HEOR/RWE expertise within Innovation/New Product Development (NPD) and on-market products both globally and regionally. In addition, you will work with cross-functional partners such as Marketing to enable market access and reimbursement activities.
You will be a subject matter expert, as well as continuously develop the existing HEOR team with the appropriate skills to design HEOR/RWE studies and implement analyses to address research questions to help inform business and medical decisions and support healthcare decisions by payers, policymakers, providers, professionals, and patients. In addition to ensuring the HEOR and RWE competencies and capabilities of the team, you will ensure appropriate HEOR/RWE processes, methodologies, and SOPs and provide subject matter expertise regarding relevant and emerging global data sources and platforms, regulations, policies, health technology assessments, societies and interest groups, and methodologies to support health economic outcomes research and RWE.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Responsible for leading the Global HEOR/RWE function, strategy development and implementation across Baxter
• Provide oversight and hands-on support in the management, generation, and dissemination of Health Economic and Outcomes Research and other types of Real-World Evidence across the product life-cycle (including either the authoring or review of HEOR/RWE protocols, reports, manuscripts, literature reviews/analyses, GVDs, content for HTAs, etc.)
• Ensure the HEOR/RWE function generates and disseminates evidence that demonstrates the value proposition of Baxter technologies and medications, aligns with Medical and business needs/priorities, and supports the evidence needs of various stakeholders, in particular payers, policymakers, providers, and patients
• Work cross functionally with leaders from various functions, businesses, countries, and regions to ensure HEOR/RWE strategies are developed and incorporated across the product life cycle
• Provide day to day direction, coaching, and management for direct reports re: HEOR projects, professional development, etc.
• Ensure all HEOR/RWE efforts follow peer accepted and best practice methodologies to guarantee scientific rigor
• Provide critical and innovative HEOR/RWE thinking and consultation across Baxter and translate how HEOR/RWE strategies will deliver desired business results
• Foster and champion a culture of learning, trust, collaboration, and fun for direct reports and provide opportunities to grow and develop
• Engage with KOLs, professional societies and regulatory agencies in the advancement of utilization of HEOR and RWE approaches Stay abreast of new and evolving developments, databases, and innovative HEOR/RWE approaches
• Ensure all HEOR projects are delivered on time and within budget, and ensure ongoing engagement and consultation
• Establish metrics to measure impact of projects
• Continuously support and provide opportunities to expand organizational HEOR/RWE understanding and skill development
• Interact with external customers and KOLs
• Manage resources and expectations regarding team bandwidth, scope of work, and new requests. Work with Medical and other stakeholders to plan future work so that it is appropriately resourced
• Provide mentorship and coaching for global, regional, and country HEOR and market access colleagues
• Develop and lead a cross-functional Real World Evidence core-team consisting of internal partners with the clear objective to deliver scientifically valid and robust evidence to support all stages of product development, and to drive global and local value demonstration during life cycle of our products
• Apply rigor in study design and analytical methods; design a fit-for-purpose analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability
• Collaborate and contribute to functional, cross-functional, enterprise-wide or external RWE communities, networks, collaborations, initiatives or goals on knowledge-sharing, methodologies, innovations, technology, IT infrastructure, policy-shaping, processes, etc. to enable broader and more effective use of data and analytics
• Ability to travel domestically (upwards of ~1 x/ mo) and occasional international travel
The Sr. Director HEOR will report directly to Baxter’s Chief Medical Officer and lead a team of 4. As the Sr. Director, HEOR/RWE, you will be a member of the WWM leadership team and be responsible for ensuring functional excellence within the HEOR/RWE team, as well as in how that team collaborates across the broader Baxter.
The role is located at our global corporate headquarters in the greater Chicago, IL area northern suburb of Deerfield. Consideration will also be given to remote work from any US location.
What You’ll Bring:
• PhD or equivalent advance degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, health economics and outcomes research, health policy or similar required
• 10-15 years of experience in healthcare or healthcare consulting industry with specific medical technology/medical device experience and expertise
• At least 7-10 years’ experience in HEOR observational research study design, management, and data analytics
• 5 years’ experience in the analysis of large multi-dimensional healthcare claims datasets
• Expertise in RWE and the practice of using RWD, specifically claims, EMR/EHR, and registries, to support integrated evidence generation strategies and effectively design commercial research programs
• Demonstrated research accomplishments as evidenced by a history of peer-reviewed publications
• Knowledge and familiarity of SAS software or other relevant statistical software (e.g., R)
• Strong basis in the application of a range of advanced statistical techniques relevant for RWE
• Deep knowledge of various global secondary data sources (surveys, claims data, EMRs, registries, etc.) strengths and limitations
• Understanding of international reimbursement and HTA requirements for key markets
• Experience in managing relationships and work across a highly-matrixed organization in a collaborative way
• Ability to take complex study results and communicate them in a clear non-technical manner to cross functional teams, using language that resonates with various stakeholders, while maintaining integrity of key findings
• Experience building, continuously developing, and leading in person and virtual teams, including geographically distributed teams
• Values people’s opinions and encourages knowledge sharing
• Able to manage complex relationships, multiple products and/or therapy areas, and juggle priorities
• Excellent interpersonal listening, communication, and study management skills
Additional Preferred skills:
• Solid understanding of the 21st Century Cures Act and the opportunities for use of RWE to inform regulatory decisions
• Network of external relationships with key RWE societies, consortiums and/or interest groups
• Advanced knowledge of observational research design
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a base salary range of $208,000 to $312,000 plus an annual incentive bonus and equity target. The above range represents the expected base salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, business line, and geographic/office location.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
This job is posted by Baxter.
This link brings you to the website of Baxter.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!