Rahway, NJ, US / Zurich, Switzerland.
Other locations: North Wales, PA, US.
Our Marketing team is passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. Through digital listening and patient diagnostics, we can comprehend our customers’ needs and strive to provide solutions to meet them.
Our Global Hospital & Specialty Care Market Access team monitors population demographics, disease epidemiology and affordability to develop solutions that give patients access to our medicines. We act as both educators and advocates for our products, processes, and practices that help us revolutionize how our medicines create value in society.
Our Company has an exciting and growing Immunology pipeline, and this position will play an influential role in shaping the access strategy for assets targeting treatment across multiple indications. The Director, Global Market Access, Immunology will be relied on for developing an integrated global market access and reimbursement strategy for our Immunology portfolio. This role is an exciting opportunity to help patients and have an impact on our company’s efforts to develop new treatments in areas with significant unmet needs. This role will report to the Executive Director, Global Market Access Hospital & Specialty Care.
In this role, the Director will manage the development and execution of access strategy, payer value proposition and reimbursement framework, and payer stakeholder communication and engagement strategy in partnership with Commercial, Center for Observational and Real-World Evidence (HEOR), Pricing, Policy, Medical Affairs, Communications and regional and country teams. This role requires taking informed positions related to price, value and affordability challenges at the appropriate time of product development and launch and overseeing the design, development, and training of value communication tools for key global, regional and country stakeholders to prepare for stakeholder engagement and access negotiations. This person will direct the Global Access Team (GAT), and co-manage with Center for Observational and Real-World Evidence (CORE) the 4th hurdle framework assessments (payer considerations accounted for in clinical development) and present recommendations to senior Global Market Access, Commercial and CORE leadership. The Director will aid efforts to provide access and reimbursement assumptions into business development assessments on an ad-hoc basis. As a member of Global Market Access, this role will actively engage members from global and regional access, pricing and affordability teams to bring better access solutions to the markets.
- Create and realize value, access, and affordability objectives for the portfolio by identifying the unmet needs for payers, patients and providers, gaps in care, the evolution of current and future reimbursement & pricing landscape and opportunities and risks to the access & reimbursement of each regimen.
- Identify and assess access and reimbursement hurdles by country archetype to inform value evidence needs and plans to address differences.
- Develop value proposition and messages for assigned products, enabling payer stakeholder engagement at appropriate time of product development by key markets.
- Develop product value scenarios and negotiation strategies to aid Global, Regional, Country plans.
- Develop pricing strategy (jointly with Global Pricing) to enable product access scenarios.
- Partner with Center for Observational and Real-World Evidence and Medical Affairs colleagues in the development of real-world evidence and economic models and/or studies to ensure real world evidence plan is fully aligned with portfolio strategies and data is appropriately leveraged.
- Partner with Policy colleagues in the assessment of and development of action plan to shape the value frameworks and other policies impacting value assessment.
- Guide the development of value communication resources.
- 7+ years in one or more of these areas: market access, pricing/reimbursement, health policy and/or health economics, sales, and marketing (or equivalent roles), market research.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Expertise successfully guiding cross functional matrix teams.
- Demonstrated innovative mindset and high level of comfort working in a white space environment that is necessary for innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend, develop and liaise scientific based strategies and messages.
- Excellent cross-functional skills; strong influencing, negotiating, conflict resolution skills.
- Comfort and self-assurance in working with diverse teams and backgrounds; actively seeks out diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Strong commercial orientation and business acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong project management and operational skills.
- Knowledgeable in specialty care therapeutic areas, preferably immunology.
- Knowledge in developing global business strategy.
- Working comprehension of healthcare systems, reimbursement methods, and policy issues, including health technology assessments of major countries.
- Knowledgeable about health economic tools and techniques.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in business administration, health policy, or health economics.
Travel: Yes, 10-20% of the time.
Work Location: Rahway or Upper Gwynedd (Hybrid)
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Notice For Internal Applicants
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Attention NJ Applicants: In April 2020, our Company announced plans to consolidate our New Jersey campuses into a single New Jersey headquarters location in Rahway, NJ in 2023 and 2024. Therefore, this role will be temporarily based in Kenilworth and exact timing of the departmental move to Rahway, NJ will be communicated at a future date.
Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. For more information about personal rights under the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment laws, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively.
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts.
U.S. Hybrid Work Model
Effective September 5, 2023, employees in office-based positions in the U.S. will be working a Hybrid work consisting of three total days on-site per week, generally Tuesday, Wednesday and either Monday or Thursday, although the specific days may vary by site or organization, with Friday designated as a remote-working day, unless business critical tasks require an on-site presence. This Hybrid work model does not apply to, and daily in-person attendance is required for, field-based positions; facility-based, manufacturing-based, or research-based positions where the work to be performed is located at a Company site; positions covered by a collective-bargaining agreement (unless the agreement provides for hybrid work); or any other position for which the Company has determined the job requirements cannot be reasonably met working remotely. Please note, this Hybrid work model guidance also does not apply to roles that have been designated as “remote”.
Under New York City, Colorado State, Washington State, and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:
$175,440.00 – $276,200.00
Available benefits include bonus eligibility, health care and other insurance benefits (for employee and family), retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
This job is posted by MSD.
This link brings you to the website of MSD.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!