- Works closely with internal and external stakeholders to secure, gain, maintain and protect timely coverage with regional and assigned national commercial insurers (payers).
- Executes strategies that increase the direct and recurring engagement with key individuals at insurance plans to foster education and medical policy development.
- Leverage internal and external assets (ex. data and analytics, market intelligence, trade association resources and consulting experts) to ensure understanding of local market dynamics effecting timely access to medical technologies offered by the company.
- Contributes to policy discussions and provides summary analysis for coverage requirements at national, local, and payer specific coverage.
- Customarily and regularly exercises judgment in planning, organizing, and performing own work. Basic understanding of government and commercial insurance payers.
- Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise with a demonstrated knowledge of the company’s products, markets, policies, and objectives as well as industry trends. Maintains practical knowledge of current reimbursement practices.
- Tracks and monitors payer policy, communicating trends better align payer strategy.
- Supports other projects and activities associated with Abbott’s Healthcare Economics & Reimbursement group as directed by its leadership team.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- 3-5 years of managed care and reimbursement experience in the medical device field.
- Analytical and prioritization skills, with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously while meeting timely deadlines.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, with a high degree of initiative, motivation, and passion for the medical device business.
- Advanced personal computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experienced in working within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experienced in leveraging and/or engaging others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
At Abbott, You Can Have A Good Job That Can Grow Into A Great Career. We Offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs. Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
For years, Abbott’s medical device businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring system, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $71,300.00 – $142,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you to the website of Abbott.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!