Home-based, CA, US.
The Associate Director of Real-World Evidence (RWE) will provide (scientific/strategic/tactical/etc) leadership for big data RWE analytics using administrative claims data/EMR, reporting to the Head of Medical Affairs Statistics, Epidemiology and RWE. The Associate Director of RWE will function on an analytics team responsible for establishing rigorous assessments of administrative claims data/EMR to evaluate real-world outcomes for all Jazz products. The incumbent will provide exceptional leadership for projects under his/her direct responsibility and oversee the tactical planning and execution of RWE projects conducted by the RWE analytic team. The candidate will also ensure the timeliness and delivery of scientifically valid research.
- Develop RWE strategies for one molecule, in collaboration with internal partners, to ensure that the value of Jazz products is fully supported by evidence for global and regional audiences.
- Drive RWE innovations and effective communication to internal stakeholders, regulatory, health technology assessment bodies and scientific communities; continuously strive to publish results in peer-review journals and conferences.
- Lead the design and execution of RWE research projects using administrative claims data/ EMR including development of protocols and contribute to statistical analysis plans (SAPs).
- Responsible for RWE leadership across internal cross-functional teams. Leverage advanced communication and translation skills and strategic planning across health economics and outcomes research, medical affairs and clinical development functions.
- Support the Head of Head of Medical Affairs Statistics, Epidemiology and RWE in developing and implementing operational processes for internal department as it relates to daily RWE activities.
- Assess real-world data assets and establish data curation plans, including provisioning data licenses and data platforms, in collaboration with Medical Affairs statistics, epidemiology and RWE leadership team.
- Stay current with research on RWE methodology and its applications as pertinent to project needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- PhD degree in the area of epidemiology with 5+ years’ research experience or MS in epidemiology with 8+ years research experience
- At least 2 years with analytic experience of healthcare claims databases/EMR
- Familiarity with US and global health care delivery system (eg. payers and reimbursement models)
- Experience in designing, collecting and analyzing RWE using administrative claims datasets, EMRs, and patient charts
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams required to support program, project and contract management and financial reporting
- Experience with big data analytical platforms
- A track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications demonstrating expertise in RWE
- Demonstrated strategic and conceptual skills to develop innovative approaches for developing product differentiation
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
MS/PhD in epidemiology or related discipline
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. We are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases – often with limited or no therapeutic options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
For US-based Candidates only
Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices and we strive to provide employees with total compensation packages that are market competitive. For this role, the anticipated base pay range is $148,000-$194,250. The exact base pay offered for this role will depend on various factors, including but not limited to the candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience.
At Jazz, your base pay is only one part of your total compensation package. The successful candidate may also be eligible for a discretionary annual cash bonus or incentive compensation (depending on the role), in accordance with the terms of the Company’s Global Cash Bonus Plan or Incentive Compensation Plan, as well as discretionary equity grants in accordance with Jazz’s Long Term Equity Incentive Plan.
The successful candidate will also be eligible to participate in various benefits offerings, including, but not limited to, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, and flexible paid vacation.
This job is posted by Jazz Pharma.
This link brings you to the website of Jazz Pharma.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!