Reporting to the Head of Distributor Markets Market Access, the Market Access Associate Director will be responsible for the technical aspects of the pricing and reimbursement process in the Distributors Region, including but not limited to independently leading and coordinating cross functional projects, project manager the preparation of reimbursement dossiers in cooperation with Distributors partners. Negotiations with payers, response to payer questions; price management and business cases for new launch approvals and/or price changes for the Distributors Region.
- This position will develop market access materials (Price and Reimbursement submissions, responses, price analysis) for Vertex medicines leading up to and during their launch.
- Collaborate with distributors partners representatives in the country, other colleagues, and external consultants, as needed, with a particular emphasis on defining the Access Strategy per country/product, prepare reimbursement submissions, develop country-specific economic models and present economic evidence to payers.
- This position will lead the development of solid business cases per country/product for obtaining internal senior leadership approval.
- This position will create innovative offers and access programs. Prepare and lead payer negotiation in close collaboration with country commercial lead.
- This position will ensure pricing compliance across countries, manage country prices and analytics, and maintain updated Pricing Systems. In addition will be responsible for collecting local market insights, rules, and regulations.
- Enforces a culture of compliance and best practices as well as a commitment to continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of region operations.
- The position will work closely with Vertex’s Commercial, finance, medical, legal, marketing and market access international teams, building and leveraging relationships with relevant stakeholders in line with Vertex’s approved and agreed business strategy.
- Work closely with legal and OBIE departments to ensure compliance.
- Exhibit ownership and accountability for all projects and internal assignments.
- Exemplify Vertex’s core values in fulfilling these job duties.
- Masters or bachelor’s degree
- Strong experience of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience in Market Access (Turkish and Saudi Arabia markets)
- Experience working with distributors partners and understanding of healthcare systems, Reimbursement system and Reimbursement submissions
- Experienced Negotiator with Payers
- Launch experience
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills to communicate complex concepts
- Ability to complete projects and achieve goals on time while delivering high quality results
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to effectively analyze data sets to determine trends and inform strategies
- Solid understanding of the compliance framework
- Adept at working in multiple countries/cultures
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition.
This job is posted by Vertex.
This link brings you to the website of Vertex.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!