We have an exciting, new opportunity for a Health Economics Outcomes Research Manager to be based in our UK Headquarters in Moorgate, London.
We operate on a hybrid working model (2 days/week in the office) as this enhances cross-functional collaboration between our team members and the wider organisation.
Our Health Technology Assessment team is working hard to launch an innovative pipeline of products spanning oncology, haematology, cardiovascular, anti-infectives and public health therapeutic areas. The team comprises of more than 20 colleagues with diverse technical experience across industry, consulting, academia, HTA and regulatory agencies.
This is an individual contributor, expert role, with the ultimate goal to help patients to access breakthrough treatments and make meaningful contributions in order to improve the health outcomes of people in the UK and Ireland. Although locally focused, this role involves close collaboration with, and exposure to regional and global colleagues.
What you will do:
- Working within a global organization and collaborate with colleagues around the world to develop and communicate the clinical and economic value of our Company’s life-changing medicines
- Leading on hands-on, in-house write-up of HTA dossiers and responses to Clarification Questions and Technical Engagement steps, ensuring clear written communication which supports strategic objectives
- Developing/writing the health economic components of selected HTA submissions to a high quality, ensuring a clear and concise description of the methods, results and key uncertainties of the economic analysis.
- Contributing to bespoke solutions to technical challenges in the development of HTA submission strategy
- Within the core HTA submission team, ensuring the quality and robustness of the economic modelling approach and dossiers for NICE, SMC and the NCPE
- Developing and designing cost-effectiveness and budget impact models for HTA submissions in line with high standards of accuracy, quality and clinical relevance, reflective of the value proposition of the medicine in the disease area.
- Inputting to other aspects of evidence synthesis for HTA submissions (e.g. SLRs, NMA)
- Identifying key submission risks and issues related to HTA submissions (e.g. modelling issues, managing key uncertainties) and contributing supportive strategies, technical arguments and evidence
- Represent our Company in various fora including NICE Technology Appraisal Committee meetings
- Contributing to and/or leading methodological research initiatives (e.g. NICE Methods, key issues in oncology modelling) and supporting UK evidence generation activities
- Leading the preparation and management of advisory boards with clinical and health economic experts
- Contributing to cross-functional strategy sessions with medical, marketing, market access, and external affairs colleagues
- Considering novel uses of real-world data to address pre- and post-licensing data gaps to support access and uptake
- Engaging with customers and external stakeholders to enable the HTA & Outcomes Research team to better understand the environment our customers operate within
- Contributing to the development of technical expertise within the group/company
- Collaborating with global colleagues on the development of global Health Economics Outcomes Research evidence/models for use in UK HTA
- Liaising with relevant regional/global groups to exploit supranational resources and provide input.
- Master’s degree in health economics or related discipline with sufficient experience in economic modelling, evidence synthesis, outcomes research, HTA dossier preparation and responding to feedback and clarifications from HTA agencies
Ways of Working/Competencies:
- Win as one team– we act with a company-first mindset inspired by unified goals; communicate, participate and collaborate as one team; winning and losing together.
- Act with Urgency– We work with speed, rigor, and determination to deliver our medicines and vaccines around the world.
- Experiment, learn and adapt- We balance our expertise with curiosity, continuous learning, adaptability and a commitment to never give up, whether we succeed or fail.
- Embrace diversity and inclusion- We create fully diverse teams to deliver our best innovations and cultivate an inclusive environment where everyone is able to contribute their best ideas.
- Speak up and be open-minded- We voice our opinions, engage in healthy debate and encourage curiosity to improve ideas and decisions to achieve better outcomes.
- Strong analytical, statistical, and presentation skills.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be involved in a broad range of therapy areas and a large volume of submission work
- High levels of autonomy and ownership in developing HTA submission dossiers in-house
- Involvement in the end-to-end HTA work, from clinical trial design to post-HTA approval
- Being part of a global organization and collaborate with colleagues around the world
- Have the chance to influence global and local decision-making that impacts the lives of thousands of people
- A supportive and positive company culture
- Professional development and training opportunities
Your role at our company is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At our company, we’re inventing for life.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status: Regular
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
This job is posted by MSD.
This link brings you to the website of MSD.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!