London / Oxford, UK.
Other locations: Marlow / York, UK.
You will love this role if you:
- Want to establish yourself as a senior member of a growing and dynamic team with a strong heritage of being best in class in the real-world evidence arena.
- Have demonstrable commercial acumen and can recognise client opportunities for RWE studies using primary or secondary data sources, or a combination of both.
- Are passionate about client-focused delivery of high-quality real-world research to make a difference.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and client-focused consultancy environment.
- Add value working across a broad range of therapeutic areas.
- Are a natural team player able to mentor and network internally and externally to achieve our clients’ goals.
As part of the OPEN Health RWE team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities:
Business Development & Account Management
- Contribute to the continuing achievements and annual targets of OPEN Health; identify and secure opportunities for RWE projects by understanding the current healthcare environment and the commercial objectives of our clients; primarily this will be through the organic growth of projects to which you are assigned
- Support the growth of the business through the development of strong client relationships
- Develop detailed and accurate proposals in conjunction with the Central Business Development team in response to detailed client briefs, ensuring a clear understanding of objectives, timelines and budgets
- Advise on project fee and cost estimates for client proposals to meet both the client’s scope of work and ensure the profitability of the project for OPEN Health; as required, obtain fee/cost estimates from partner companies or third-party vendors
- Work with our clients and internal and external experts in the therapy area to identify the appropriate methodology to collate the RWE, including evidence generation using the primary or secondary methodology
- Support the RWE project team to develop study concepts, protocols and frameworks that achieve client objectives
- Conduct RWE workshops and bespoke consultancy projects for clients
- Assess existing secondary data sources (eg, HES, CPRD etc) for project suitability
- Take a lead role in the delivery of bespoke RWE consultancy-based projects
- Ensure smooth handover of the project at the contract signing stage to the project team responsible for operational delivery, with clear milestones established and agreed with the client
- Ensure the client’s commercial and scientific goals are embedded in the proposal and communicated effectively to the project team at handover
- Retain lead responsibility to ensure that clients’ commercial and scientific goals continue to be met as their project proceeds
- Maintain close contact with the project team to identify new business opportunities and deal with scope change discussions as required throughout the delivery of the project
- Review study success factors with the project team and ensure the delivery of any client project review meetings
- Lead the scientific and consultancy team within RWE UK, providing guidance, identifying training needs and fostering team spirit
- Participate in regular business development meetings and take an active role in the exploration of new opportunities for OPEN Health as a whole
What you’ll bring:
- Demonstrable experience working in healthcare RWE research in the pharmaceutical industry or a clinical research organization; specific experience in observational or non-interventional studies
- Demonstrable knowledge of the structure and function of the NHS and UK healthcare environment
- Knowledge and demonstrable understanding of the pharmaceutical industry with a commercial focus relating to product development, approval, marketing and continued lifecycle management
- Good basic clinical knowledge and experience across a range of specialities
- Demonstrable relevant experience in RWE scientific consultancy, utilising both primary and secondary methodologies
- Line management experience (minimum 2 years)
Skills Qualities & Requirements
- Independent, confident self-starter
- Strong problem-solving skills with a solutions-based focus
- Natural ability to build strong working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Highly developed negotiation skills
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Keen scientific interest in clinical developments in the healthcare arena and a continual effort to understand current issues in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong presentation skills
What we offer:
As a global organisation, OPEN Health is committed to supporting our employees and their families through a comprehensive benefits program
- Competitive pay, generous paid vacation and holidays, and health insurance programs across all our location
- Ongoing training and development opportunities which foster and shape your individual career path
- An active and growing commitment to bettering the communities our employees call home through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- The opportunity to thrive in a global, collaborative environment while working every day to improve health outcomes and patient wellbeing.
- Diverse, inclusive culture that encourages you to bring your whole self to work
If we sound like the sort of business environment in which you would thrive, then we would love to hear from you.
This job is posted by OPEN Health.
This link brings you to the website of OPEN Health.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!