The Senior Market Access Manager (Head of Market Access) is responsible for developing strategically targeted payer engagement, relationship and account management at the country level for improved access and procurement of the Omnipod Insulin Management System. This includes implementing access strategies that establish pricing and value for unimpeded access to the Omnipod system across the UK, Netherlands and Belgium. This role will engage directly with payers and other stakeholders whilst also leading a small team who will execute the in country strategy.
Efforts of this individual should focus on ensuring health care providers and patients have equitable access to our products and services by educating key stakeholders and influencing their medical policy decisions, their perceptions of the value Insulet provides them and their patients, and our competitive position relative to alternatives. The Senior Market Access Manager is expected to earn the support of his/her customers as a trusted business advisor. Success is reflected by the key stakeholders accepting and implementing versions of the Market Access recommendations. The Senior Market Access Manager will have a deep understanding of important country level barriers and challenges to providing equitable access across law, regulation and policy issues, they must have broad knowledge of the evolving healthcare landscape, ability to take large and complex subjects and distil them to inform meaningful business strategy and be able to develop detailed strategic plan that align with the long and short-term goals of the organization.
This position will also work closely with the International Value and Access team and have a proactive and two-way working relationship to draw on their specialist skills to deliver in country submission excellence, policy success and sustainable access goals aligned with the International Value and Access goals. This role will also have responsibility to ensure that in country requirements are clearly articulated in order to ensure inclusion of those requirements in early stage product cycle.
· Understand the key stakeholders in national health care system in their area of responsibility (In this case UK, Netherlands and Belgium)
· Direct relationships with in market payers and Insulet influence upon those. (NHS, HIS, Hospitals etc)
· Establish relationships with or reliable access to additional key stakeholders and related influence groups that impact access to our portfolio or the class in general.
· Identify policy priorities and objectives in advance to overcome key access barriers and share with Insulet leadership team.
· Support implementation of engagement strategies for national health care systems
· Invests the time necessary to maintain an in-depth understanding of needs in value generation including real world evidence as it relates to the local markets.
· Build submission dossiers for new and existing products
· Adapt and implement the proper value proposition aligned to local needs and requirements
· Support development and implementation of strategies to secure/ maintain access at optimal prices
· Operationalize pricing strategy with set pricing guidance
· Extract, decipher and disseminate important pricing information from data sources regarding External Reference Pricing
· Identification of the outputs needed from HEOR modelling, ability to gather those inputs from the market for delivery to the regional team to gain economic elements of submissions or value propositions.
· Ability to use a budget impact model and understand cost effectiveness.
· Strives for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and is committed to continuous self-evaluation and development.
· Strives to contribute to the organization, peers’, and customers’ needs beyond sales/revenue production.
· Provides information critical to accomplishing the Insulet mission to all colleagues the Market Access team works with – specifically members of the Medical team, Customer Care, Marketing and Sales and Sales Leadership teams.
· Partners with Sales, Sales Leadership, Marketing, Medical and Customer Care– involve them in strategic planning and execution of those plans
· Performs other duties as required.
· Drive access mindset through training and other communication initiatives
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in medicine, pharmacy and/or health economics, or the equivalent a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical and/ or medical device sales (preferably with diabetes products/ medical devices)
· Strong knowledge of Government requirements, standards and processes, including experience with national authorities such as NICE, NHS England, ZIN
· Experience in Health Economics, in particular budget impact and cost-effectiveness analysis
· Proven experience in value demonstration, value dossier and value communication
· Relationships with decision makers and key influencers
· In-depth understanding of health systems such as reimbursement pathways, price negotiations and contracting.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Ability to perform independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to prioritize and drive for results with an emphasis on quality.
· Ability to analyse diverse sets of complex information and distil into recommended strategy
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate at multiple levels of an organization.
· Good organizational and analytical skills
· Well-developed negotiation skills
· Self-motivated, ambitious and positive.
· Strong computer proficiency and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Fluent English (day to day working language).
• Travel up to 50% as required.
NOTE: This position is eligible for 100% remote working arrangements (may work from home/virtually 100%; may also work hybrid on-site/virtual as desired).
Insulet started in 2000 with an idea and a mission to enable our customers to enjoy simplicity, freedom and healthier lives through the use of our Omnipod® product platform. In the last two decades we have improved the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients by using innovative technology that is wearable, waterproof, and lifestyle accommodating.
We are looking for highly motivated, performance driven individuals to be a part of our expanding team. We do this by hiring amazing people guided by shared values who exceed customer expectations. Our continued success depends on it!
This job ad will be unpublished on 02/03/2024.
This job is posted by Insulet.
This link brings you to the website of Insulet.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!