Baar, Switzerland / The Hague, Netherlands.
Other Locaton: Stockholm, Sweden.
Alexion strives to partner with local and national stakeholders across CENE Area (Central and Northern Europe) in order to contribute to the improvement of rare disease patient pathway/journey and outcomes.
In this newly created role, you will conceive, develop and support implementation and presentation/publication of local Health Economics and Outcomes Research studies which will be rolled out in different CENE countries, in partnership with local hospitals and stakeholders. The objective of these studies is to describe current patient pathways and measure the impact of different local initiatives on patient reported outcomes, impact on families and carers and/or impact on healthcare utilization. The main purpose of this position is not directly related to local Health Technology Assessments but if the data collected and analyzed proves relevant for HTA assessments of our indications, then it would be submitted to the Global/International HEOR teams for consideration.
Project management and diverse stakeholder engagement are essential skills for the success in this role.
The position reports directly to the Regional Medical Director Central and Northern Europe (CENE). There is a dotted reporting line to the Int’l Head of HEOR
You will be responsible for:
- Conceive and develop of the protocols for these local HEOR studies: you will partner with the full local cross-functional team (Medical, Commercial, Access) and with the Global/Int’l HEOR team as well as the Real-World Evidence CoE (RWE). Ensure the internal validation process for these local protocols is completed as per all Alexion internal SOPs; in the event the study is actually not initiated by Alexion but proposed by local investigators, support Medical teams in the ISR discussion process
- You will be ready to support the local teams in their discussions with local hospitals and stakeholders and travel locally for this purpose whenever needed in the CENE countries (Switzerland, Austria, the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland).
- You will decide together with the local cross-functional teams for which parts of the implementation and execution of these studies a supporting vendor is needed, and you will be responsible for contracting with external vendors
- You will oversee the study reports and ensure the needed scientific quality for public presentations and/or publication; you will work with Medical teams to ensure internal approvals as per Alexion SOPs for publications
You will need to have:
- PhD, MSc in health economics or equivalent combination of education and experience; an additional MBA would be a plus
- Excellent knowledge of HEOR methodologies
- 7+ years prior experience in HEOR in the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry; experience in the consulting sector would be a plus
- Indepth understanding and experience of health economic modeling, preferably previous hands on experience.
- Expertise in real world data and evidence generation using primary and secondary data.
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare environments, and more specifically of the hospital dynamics; ability to identify with local stakeholders and understand their specific needs; proactively identify convergence points between customers and Alexion needs and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of effectiveness as a team player; excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills, cross-functional skills, flexibility, adaptability and ability to work with multiple teams and in multiple environments and rules (multiple CENE countries)
- Problem solving, analytical thinking & solution orientation
- Excellent project leader who can effectively manage multiple competing priorities to completion
- Fluent in English spoken and written
- Commercial experience in Pharma (Marketing or Sales position)
We would prefer for you to have:
- Experience and knowledge in rare disease conditions
- Experience in the development and or application of patient reported outcome measures
- Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously with different organizations involved and across multiple countries
This job ad will be unpublished on 05/03/2024.
This job is posted by Alexion.
This link brings you to the website of Alexion.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!