We are currently recruiting for a HTA & Modelling Science Lead. This position typically leads in one or two tumour types in the Health Technology Assessment (HTA) and Modelling Science Team, setting individual medicine/indication strategy, contributing to methodology development and application, ensuring high quality analytics for use in global HTA submissions, contributing to global publications and developing in-house simulation and modelling tools.
- Develops strategic approach and delivery of HTA modelling and simulation tools for assigned medicine (including network meta analyses (NMA), population-adjusted and standard indirect treatment comparisons (ITC), utility analyses, survival analysis, and other advanced analytics used for HTA and wider market access)
- High level of interactive communication and influencing cross-functional partners and external stakeholders, understanding the payer and industry perspective to developing and implementing innovative HTA methods and solutions to complex problems.
- Recognises and applies the value of HTA techniques to inform market access and wider cross functional decision-making
- Co-develops the HTA & Modelling Science publication strategy for specific tumours, working with Health Economic and Payer Evidence (HEPE) and other cross functional partners, along with authoring publications
- Provides leadership and input to internal HTA & Modelling science guidance documents
- Develops the Payer Analysis Plan strategy and analytic approaches to payer questions and challenges
- Provides input to quality assurance of modelling and simulation work, contributing to global standards, best practice, and metrics
- Bachelors’ degree in mathematical sciences (e.g. mathematics, statistics, operations research, engineering) or quantitative social sciences (e.g. economics, health economics, health services research) or equivalent quantitative skill demonstration
- Master’s degree in relevant field (as above) or substantial equivalent experience
- Experience across multiple tumors and products as well as submission and defense in at least one HTA market
- At least 5 years of experience in health economic modelling or similar relevant experience
Skills and Capabilities:
- Experience in oncology health economic modelling, survival analysis, utility analyses, and NMAs and Bayesian analyses.
- Advanced Excel user, including VBA
- Technical knowledge of the changing HTA requirements globally and how to deliver against these
- Strong skills in communication, influencing, handling complexity, independent decision-making, and how simulation work can impact on wider market access and value communication
- Ability to operate independently with direction as required.
- PhD in a relevant quantitative discipline
- Previously worked in Pharma (at a local or global level) with launch experience
- Experience across multiple HTA systems
Skills and Capabilities:
- Statistical software / programming coding
- Population adjusted indirect comparisons
- Treatment switching analysis
- Can represent the Company externally
Here we are committed to making a difference. We have built our business around our passion for science. Now we are fusing data and technology with the latest scientific innovations to achieve the next wave of breakthroughs. Thrive in a place where the brightest and most curious minds seamlessly come together in our inclusive environment
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
This job ad will be unpublished on 01/03/2024.
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!