Escazu, Costa Rica.
Purpose / Objectives / Scope /:
1. Purpose: To contribute with the achievement of the Mid – Long Term CAC strategic objectives, shaping the HEOR & HTA landscape to ensure business sustainability by attaining ideal access and product uptake for Pfizer products.
2. Objectives: Lead the development of HEOR & HTA strategy, tools, and processes for Pfizer, advising payers on HEOR value. Demonstrates a high-level of integrity, a strong depth of knowledge and technical capabilities to:
• The development and leveraging of clinical, economic, and humanistic evidence to demonstrate the value of Pfizer’s products.
• The support of pricing negotiation strategies, including value-based pricing, Early Access Programs, Patients Support Programs, Patients Affordability Programs, and Innovative Market Access Agreements.
• Engaging with external stakeholders.
• Manage the development of HEOR studies, HEOR models and diffusion as agreed within the Access strategy, supporting HTA (Health technology assessment) payers’ requirements.
• Pro-active approach to business partnerships.
3. Scope: 100% of dedication – CAC: Central America & Caribbean Region.
Key Activities, Accountabilities And Duties
A. Understands CAC HTA tendencies / initiatives / landscape and the public & private payers´
decision making processes and payers value drivers, using this to provide payer insights into
Pfizer´s access and commercial planning.
B. Plans and executes all aspects of HTA dossiers for access submissions, anticipating customer
evidence needs for product / indication access across the product life cycle, creating and evolving
value propositions as needed, and then ensuring data is available to support those messages.
C. Uses deep knowledge of local HTA and payers´ decision making processes to shape the
environment to improve access at a health system level, maintaining up to date knowledge of
HTA landscape and requirements impacting HEOR models, access, and regulations.
D. Assess, synthesize, and interpret relevant literature and communicate findings to internal and
external stakeholders, preparing technical documents that include Health Economic – Humanistic
– Clinical – information required, and key insights to support and develop the market access
E. Delivers value story to support products´ formulary listings and access objectives to external
stakeholders (KOLs, Academia, Clinicians, Researchers, HTA bodies, local ISPOR, and payers)
via different channels (e.g. meetings, conferences, and publications).
F. Develops internal materials and trainings aimed to the field force, key account managers, CBLs,
access strategists, etc. to ensure the proper delivery of HEOR value messages aligned with the
G. Manages and administering the CAC HEOR educational web platform.
H. Develops or customize, adjust, and implement Global / Regional / Local Health Economics
models for Pfizer portfolio that incorporate both clinical and economic data.
I. Develops Real World Evidence generation strategies and execute studies (e.g., burden of
disease, unmet needs, comparative effectiveness studies, PRO, etc.), guaranteeing its adequate
monitoring, execution, and compliance when these are developed internally or by third parties.
J. Develops Outcomes Research studies as needed (cost-of-illness, database analysis, Delphi
panels, others) based in the access strategies, guaranteeing its adequate monitoring, execution,
and compliance when these are developed internally or by third parties.
Patient Health Impact – Health & Value, Central America & Caribbean.
K. Identifies opportunities to partner with external stakeholders to conduct HEOR projects and
Continue Educational Programs in support of access strategies.
L. Executes and manage research projects with external collaborators/vendors to ensure timely
completion and quality of deliverables as well as budget/legal compliance.
M. Works closely with Access, Medical, Pricing, Commercial and Finance teams to ensure the
flawless implementation and execution of the HEOR strategies.
N. Contributes to build the strategic approach for the Patients Affordability Programs, providing the
HEOR standpoint, designing models and ensuring positive impact for patients and sustainability
for the business.
O. Contributes to build the strategic approach for the Early Access Programs, providing the HEOR
standpoint, designing models, and ensuring positive impact for patients, payers, and sustainability
for the business.
P. Ensures high quality results in all customer-HEOR matters.
Q. Participates and contribute to various H&V project teams and participate in special projects.
Profile, Competencies, and skills
• Healthcare professional with postgraduate degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or Health
Economics, plus 5 years of pharmaceutical HEOR practical experience (Required).
• Advantageous experience in access, pricing, or commercial role in pharmaceutical industry.
• Proven knowledge of HE models design/development/publication, RWE studies
design/development/publication, HTA trends and regulations.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to present ideas
in a compelling way; and communicate with tact and diplomacy: ability to understand and
respond to multiple internal and external customers and influence in a matrix environment.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills required
• Experience in project management and design thinking processes, with ability to demonstrate
impact and drive rapid, fact-based decision making based on results.
• Change oriented, comfortable responding to unexpected demands with tight timelines.
• Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to coordinate, contribute to and work within a cross-functional team.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Able to prioritize duties and manage multiple projects from start to finish with minimal
• Must be able to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment in a strict manner.
• Proficient in Microsoft, including Word, and PowerPoint software. Masterly Excel user.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously.
• Well-developed negotiation skills.
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
This job is posted by Pfizer.
This link brings you to the website of Pfizer.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!