The successful candidate will be responsible to communicate payer value and differentiation of Almirall brands to secure optimal reimbursement and price. A key responsibility will be to ensure positive HTAs recommendations of prescription and use in clinical guideline to maximize market access of the portfolio in the life-long.
The candidate will be responsible for the market access of our established portfolio worldwide, additionally to strategic brands commercialize our partners globally.
He/she will join a company with a diverse product pipeline and join a highly qualified Global Market Access team with stimulating professional challenges in a pleasant working atmosphere.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Collaborate in the definition of the market access strategy of the established brands and drive the implementation of activities and programs to ensure pricing, reimbursement and formulary access for products worldwide.
• Lead cooperation with our international partners to implement pricing and access strategies of licensing our drugs.
• Identify potential risks and provide recommendations on initiatives to optimize price and reimbursement across markets and maximize long term profitability.
• Generation of health-economic evidence such as: cost-of-illness, budget impacts and/or cost analyses to support the global access strategy so that the countries’ representatives can engage with stakeholders to facilitate pricing, reimbursement and clinical recommendations of prescription.
• Create value propositions (and core value dossiers), comparative effectiveness arguments, payer value messages and objection handler to assist in securing target pricing and market access for the portfolio of products under responsibility.
• Coordinate with affiliates and partners in order to ensure that their input is incorporated in the development of the brand access strategy and secure execution.
• Awareness of the competitive landscape and market dynamics. Understanding of international reference pricing. Knowledge of rules and regulations (current and forthcoming). Familiar with different pricing methodologies.
• Experience of main principal governments: the US and European countries. Knowledge in other markets desirable.
• Payer negotiations and contracting strategies (preparation): Ability to strengthen countries in challenging payer negotiations.
• Support market companies in the development of country specific pricing and reimbursement dossiers.
• Support the pricing function to secure timely approval of launch prices and price changes within the internal governance and systems.
• Involved in strategical cross-functional meetings.
• The position is a key member of Global Marketing & Market Access Team. It plays an active role in shaping the commercial strategy and ensuring that products are priced optimally with wide accessibility across Europe, US and International markets.
• Manage any interaction with external vendors and all work streams involving key markets for Almirall.
• University Degree in Life sciences, Engineering or Business
• Master´s degree in Health Economics or Market Access or MBA is a plus.
• More than 3 years of experience in life science
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Pricing and Market Access.
Skills & competencies
• Proven ability to understand and clearly communicate scientific and economic topics.
• Knowledge of health economic.
• Relevant knowledge of payer and HTA systems in major markets. Knowledge of the European and USA market is a must.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in dermatology is a plus.
• Fluency in English. Other languages are a plus.
• Capacity to manage several projects with competing priorities.
• Ability to generate high quality project and strategic plans.
• Results oriented with strong analytical skills and business mind-set.
• Creativity for problem solving.
· Care: we listen & empathize, we value diverse perspectives & backgrounds and we help each other succeed.
· Courage: we challenge the status quo, we take full ownership and we learn from our success & failures
· Innovation: we put the patient and customer at the center, we create novel solutions and we empower entrepreneurial mindsets.
· Simplicity: we act decisively and avoid over-analysis, we understand why before we act and we are agile & keep things simple.
This job is posted by Almirall.
This link brings you to the website of Almirall.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!