Do you have a passion for vaccines, immunology, and infectious diseases? Do you aspire to become an expert in vaccines? Do you want to contribute to improving patient outcomes via policy and market access with your expertise?
This role is part of the External Affairs department.
As Public Policy & Market Access Manager Vaccines, you will be a key person in our company to position it as a preferred partner in Vaccines from a Market Access and Policy Perspective. The main goals of this role are to develop a sustainable access landscape and provide access to vaccines for the persons who need them.
Key activities :
- Drive policy initiatives to build a sustainable access landscape for vaccines for the future ;
- Support the development and submission of both regional tender dossiers as well as federal vaccine reimbursement dossiers, in close collaboration with the medical affairs department, patient access team and cross-functional vaccines CFT. Propose price and reimbursement modalities that allow fair pricing and ensure access ;
- Reach agreements on access with INAMI/regional health authorities as appropriate for vaccine dossiers ;
- Build a collaborative relationship with regional health authorities to support the execution of ongoing vaccines tender contracts and follow up of requests/demands ;
- Follow up ongoing tender contracts internally with vaccines CFT and the operational tender team ;
- Expand external network of our company through development of long-term relationships with key political and health ecosystem related stakeholders ;
- Support local data generation market access and medical studies to address data gaps and ensure adequate access for future vaccines in collaboration with HEOR manager and medical affairs manager ;
- Active involvement and participation in related working groups of industry and other associations ;
- Lead digital policy campaigns to support the overall vaccines policy strategy and plan ;
- Collaborate closely with the medical team, the vaccines CFT, the external affairs department and policy and market access colleagues from the local, regional and global teams.
Your profile :
- University degree in science, pharmacy, medicine or (health) economics with strong interest in health care policy and the advocacy environment ;
- At least 2 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, a health authority or governmental body ;
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration ;
- A strong existing network is an asset ;
- Additional degree in political sciences is an asset ;
- Experience in market access and insights in the pharmaceutical price and reimbursement landscape is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French, English and Dutch ;
- Team player ;
- Strong collaborative mindset ;
- Creative, positive minded ;
- Robust storytelling and communication skills ;
- Customer-oriented mindset ;
- Good project management skills ;
- Partnering and facilitating skills to build strong and sustainable relationships, both internally as well as external ;
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects ;
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills ;
- Trustworthy and accountable ;
- Ability to generate innovative ideas/ solutions.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
This job is posted by MSD.
This link brings you to the website of MSD.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!