The Research Associate OR Research Consultant, Health Economics is a key position with opportunities for growth and advancement. The incumbent will work closely with project leaders and clients on various projects to generate basic models, as well as, more complex models with support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing economic models: Budget impact models, Cost-effectiveness model, Cost-consequence models, etc.
- Statistical Modelling in health economics: Survival analysis, epidemiology, etc.
- Modelling in comparative effectiveness: Indirect treatment comparison, NMA, comparative effectiveness frameworks, etc.
- Advance comparative effectiveness: STC, MAIC, complex matchings or cross-over analysis
Specific day to day activities may include:
- Consultant in HE/HTA statistics (+/-100% of the work): As a statistician with PSE you will work directly with the HE team to produce high quality statistical and economic statistical analysis and reporting. The intention is for the statistician to work closely with health economist and become a health economic statistician (or simply health economist). Report writing for health economics analysis or other technical deliverables (including potential quality control of analysis) could also be involved depending on the analyst skills and interests.
- This is a technical position i.e. requiring statistics, mathematics and regression skills. This is not a writing or qualitative position, but writing skills will be considered an asset.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Mscin economics, math, epidemiologyor a graduate degree in a related field with 0-2 years of experience in health care setting (consulting / pharma / government).Experience inquantitative analysisand HEOR preferred
- Advanced level English proficiency is required- reading and writing, and communicating
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, including clinical and scientific information
- Experience with resourceful utilization of primary and secondary market research to solve challenging business or public health issues
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical product development and pricing preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills to present information in an engaging, clean, and concise manner
- Experience in statistical package (R, Stata, etc.) and a strong foundation in Excel and VBA is preferred
- Methodical, disciplined, diligent, well-organized, and professional
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Extremely detail- oriented and efficient
- Able to multi-task and prioritize assignments
Note: You must live in Canada or the Unted States. We do not support visa transfers or other requirements.
Purple Squirrel Economics (PSE) is a boutique research and consulting firm, within Cytel, Inc., specializing in the economic evaluation of new medical technologies. Our clients include many of the leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device manufacturers from around the world. Our dedicated staff of full-time employees includes health economists, pharmacologists / pharmacy scientists and market access professionals. A job with PSE offers an opportunity to experience the health economics and market access environment on a global level working with multinational pharmaceutical industry players, payers, clinical guidance experts and other consultants from a hands-on perspective.
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.
This job is posted by Cytel.
This link brings you to the website of Cytel.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!