Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Horizon scan and policy analysis:
- Perform systematically local market access environment monitoring, analyze strategic and financial implications of the local market access policies & regulations, including but not limited to universal coverage, pricing, reimbursement, national/ regional/ hospital formulary listing and other relevant payer policies and guidelines
Strategic MAP (Market Access Plan):
- Support Market Access Manager in the development of strategic MAP, incl. forward-looking risks/opportunities assessment, strategic implications in short- and long-term, financial quantification, focused goals and synergized action plans
- Deliver input to affiliate strategic and financial plans based on MAPs
Pricing strategy incl. pricing risk mitigation, price/ volume/ profitability optimization, and related policy monitoring, analytics and submissions (for EPD & Glomed)
- In regulated market segments: map pricing regulations (e.g. IRP (Int’l Reference Pricing), TRP (Therapeutic Reference Pricing) etc.), gain thorough understanding of pricing setting and adjustment mechanism for new and in-market products
- Update of country pricing rules in GPMS (Global Pricing Management System) bi-annually and when significant changes take place.
- Develop pricing submission strategy to maximize pricing opportunities and minimize risk
- Define pricing submission structure and documentation required, timely request price certificates from global pricing.
- For products/ SKUs below global floors, proactively seek optimization to increase prices or at least minimize risks for own and other markets
- For self-pay market segments and regulated segments, identify value drivers for price/ profitability and volume growth, collaborate with other functions to realize these value drivers, thus maximize profitable growth
- Perform price / volume sensitivity analysis in key segments (where adjustment possible), adjust pricing strategy to optimize price/ volume/ profitability
- Owner of price increase/ decrease section of country MAP
Market Access input for affiliate portfolio expansion
- Leverage local Market Access, country MAPs and global MA portfolio evaluation expertise, advise the affiliate management on what makes a winning portfolio in short- and long-term from pricing and market access perspectives
- Work in partnership with other functions in evaluating portfolio development or acquisition projects
- Act as an integral part of local due diligence team for market access subjects
Local value-added program: Based on MAP insights, define and develop affiliate-specific payer value-added programs which provide support for affiliate short- and long-term success. This may be payer engagement programs, or shaping policies or pricing optimization or local HE studies
- Policy shaping: customize global position paper for local markets, consider build dedicated industry working groups, build alliance to improve OPP (off-patent pharma) policies
- Pricing optimization: leverage global or local expertise to perform price/ volume/ profitability optimization for regulated and/ or self-pay markets
- Local HE studies: design local study to demonstrate better value for money or positive budget impact, or local dissemination of global studies.
Visit and engage assigned MA authorities and customers on a regular basis
- Mapping Local Pricing and/or Reimbursement authorities (2-3 provinces)
- HTA (Health Technology Assessment) Agencies
- Public market formulary listing agencies (e.g. public health insurance, gov’t funded health programs, gov’t tenders, public hospital drug formulary committees)
- Private market formulary listing agencies (e.g. private health plans, private insurance drug formularies, private hospital drug formulary committees)
Minimum Background/ Experience Required
- 1-2 years of pharmaceutical market access experiences either in industry or working for local Market Access authorities is preferred
- Experience working for a Generic Pharmaceutical company is preferred
- Experienced in pipeline evaluation and future portfolio planning is a plus
- Ability to conceptualize Market Access strategy from insights and to translate it into concrete actions
- Ability to develop forward looking holistic access strategy, identify and seize opportunities
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and strong ability to develop relationships with external stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated problem solving capability
- Ability to influence without hierarchical relations, strategic anticipation and planning
solid project management skills for multiple tasks/projects/priorities.
- Winning mentality, dynamic, innovative, customer focus and cross-functional team player
Minimum Education Required
- University degree in Public Health, Medicine, Pharmacy or Health Economics
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you to the website of Abbott.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!