- The Market Access Director is responsible for developing a market access plan with execution map for the key current as well as future rapid diagnostic products as well as RTW segment for COVID 19 Tests from Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (ARDx) IDEM division in Asia Pacific Region.
- Lead all activities from assessing the market and potential of the product in APAC to map out the different enablers and barriers to entry and then formulate a plan to provide a roadmap to access the total opportunity for the assigned product, though stakeholder engagement, development of advocacy to generation on evidence to influencing the regulatory environment in favour of the assigned product portfolio and ensure timely product commercialization.
- The position works collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, Govt. Affairs, and Finance internally and various external stakeholders, to successfully position the Abbott ID value proposition and return long term business value to Abbott APAC.
Technical / Operational
- To strategize, develop and be responsible for execution of key market access activities in the region for both key current product as well as all future products of Abbott Infectious Diseases in APAC.
- Continually assess healthcare policy dynamics across APAC and makes adjustments to value propositions and reimbursement or pricing strategies as required.
- Play active role in mapping out regulatory environment and regulatory pathway for the key product portfolios.
- Directs payer and patient research activities to understand stakeholder requirements, key healthcare policies for chosen products and health technology/assessment hurdles across APAC.
- Provides input into clinical evidence generation strategies and plans
- Contribute to development of proposals and concept papers that clearly convey the use case for Abbott Rapid Diagnostic Products current and future with accurate estimates of project budgets and associated timelines.
- Design and implement health outcomes and/or economic studies – from study concept stage to final report, including burden of illness studies, patient-reported outcomes studies, prospective or retrospective observational epidemiologic or health resource utilization studies and database analyses
- Builds strong relationships with external stakeholders, policy makers and consultants.
- Cultivate effective working relationships with key government officials, payors (public and private), influential health care providers and other market influencers (i.e. Advocacy Groups, Coalitions, etc.)
- Participate in cross functional activities to ensure the commercial success in the region, such as business case preparations, offering strategic input to regulatory
- Innovative contracting to conclude reimbursement discussions Help design and structure agreements with the payers that honour the specifics of the test and allows for the specificities of the local market conditions
- Serve as a content resource and team lead for the development of clinical materials, market research reports, implementation of outcomes studies.
- Collaboration with pharma, diagnostics and other healthcare entities for business expansion.
Internal Systems and Processes
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure a clear Market Access process and its components are well defined and executed across all product portfolios.
- Track progress on each market access initiative and liaises with internal and external stakeholder.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness.
- Build strong relations with cross-functional teams at a local, regional and global level
- Work with Global and Regional Product Managers on relevant product launches and execution
- Understand and be responsive to customer needs from a Sales and Marketing perspective.
- Engagement with govt., NOG’s, policy maker, policy shapers, program implementors, MOH and other ministries.
- Seek approval for expenses in line with department specific authorisation levels.
- Manage all internal costs according to established financial policies and procedures
- Ensure NPI meets financial, forecasting and budgeting goals
People Management & Development and Conduct
- Undertake own training and development as required.
- Be committed to knowledge sharing within Abbott
- Maintain strong professional relationships with relevant personnel from Abbott affiliates, distributors, and other suppliers.
- Ensure all activities carried out by self are in accordance with legislative employment policies and safety requirements and corporate policy.
- Promote a standard of excellence for quality and customer focus at Abbott.
- Bachelors/Masters/PHD in Public Health/HEOR/Market Access or related disciplines.
- Minimum 12-15 years of experience in Market Access roles, with minimum 5 years of experience managing key APAC countries/region, preferably within diagnostics/medical device/healthcare industry
- Good experience of strategic and operational Market Access in Healthcare domain in Infectious Diseases and IVD. Prior experience working in a diagnostic laboratory/industry a plus.
- Experienced in developing and executing launch plans into diverse market segments, leading market access strategies, robust value dossiers and HTA submissions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payer decision-making, coverage, coding and payment for medical devices for both private and public payers.
- Experienced in population and health outcome statistical analysis.
- Familiarity with quality management system standards.
- Strong knowledge in HEOR protocols.
- Able to work within highly regulated industry
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team with good stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication skills, problem-solving & prioritization skills, organizational skills
- Customer focused with strong accountability, integrity and diplomacy, able to maintain highest levels of confidentiality internally and externally
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you to the website of Abbott.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!