Johannesburg, South Africa.
At Boston Scientific, the Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA) team plays a key role in ensuring that BSC’s innovative products and services become accessible for the sake of patients’ outcomes and the sustainability of healthcare. Your understanding of the country healthcare system and the market dynamics, together with a relentlessly customer-focused mindset, will allow you to make a meaningful impact on millions of people worldwide. If this matches your career aspirations, we want to hear from you.
About the role
To ensure timely and efficient reimbursement and funding for key BSC products in South Africa by identifying, obtaining and analyzing health economics, clinical outcomes and reimbursement information, and executing defined strategies.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- To assist the health economics and market access manager in the development of health economics arguments to support reimbursement of new and existing products.
- To optimise access and reimbursement of Boston Scientific product portfolio, at the payer level as well as proactively assist and support (in collaboration with other internal stakeholders) the sales team with day to day requests.
- Manage NAPPI code applications for all divisions and kickstarts market access process with private payers, and collaborate with supply chain team to ensure all products are NAPPI coded.
- Achieve approval of me-too and line extension products within planned timeframe for all divisions.
- Review and synthesize literature and other sources of information for reimbursement and HTA dossiers for reimbursement and funding negotiations in South Africa.
- Facilitation and management of the reimbursement submission process.
- Support key stakeholders in obtaining timely patient authorisations for procedures by providing the relevant clinical and economic argumentation.
- Support providers with clinical coding related request to improve reimbursement inefficiencies during claims.
- Develop economic models and/or an economic value story relevant to South Africa for a range of disease areas using available clinical evidence and cost parameters.
- In relation with economics models carry out background research on clinical and cost data (literature, databases etc.) to populate models appropriately.
- Support the development of guidelines for optimizing use of data and leveraging resources in South Africa.
- Assist in the development of publication strategies (ranging from background research to manuscript writing) in support of key products and disease areas to further market access goals in South Africa.
- Review and advise on updated changes related to the Council of Medical scheme to trigger a process for policy review and comments.
- External customer and stakeholder reimbursement training (Medical advisors , practice managers/HCP , case managers).
- Internal training for Sales, Marketing and distributor teams within the organisation on reimbursement requirements and processes, and to increase awareness and understanding of health economics and reimbursement competencies and its role in supporting a product’s success.
What are we looking for in you?
- University Degree in Sciences, Policy or Health Economics
- Relevant experience in market access /reimbursement in pharma or med tech industry.
- Relevant private payer experience advantageous.
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral in English.
- Strong computer skills (especially Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentation and MS Office applications)
- Good knowledge of the National Health System and how it is structured, funded, and reimbursed.
- Understanding of clinical coding advantageous.
- Ensures continuous self-development by nurturing skills and knowledge, being adaptable to new challenges/demands and responding to them in a flexible and positive way.
- Contributes in generating new ideas and approaches by leveraging knowledge, best practices and continuous improvement.
- Solid work experience involving leadership of functional and cross-functional teams.
- Experience in health policy, market access, reimbursement, health economics and/or outcomes research.
- High motivation and good interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to develop relationships at all levels in an organization.
- Proactive, flexibility and problem solving’ skills.
What we can offer to you:
- Fast Growing and innovative environment
Boston Scientific transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of more than 30 million patients around the world each year.
We’re at the forefront of the medical device industry – leading, evolving it to address unmet and emerging needs in healthcare.
Our culture powers our performance and we turn our shared vision into value with the contribution of our 36.000 colleagues around the world.
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
Requisition ID: 568613
We, Boston Scientific, are an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not and will not make any personnel decisions (like recruiting, hiring, job assignments, and promotions) based on a person’s age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
This job is posted by Boston Scientific.
This link brings you to the website of Boston Scientific.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!