San Rafael, CA, US.
The Vice President, US Market Access is responsible for commercial strategy and execution for market access activities for BioMarin’s entire marketed product portfolio and near-term pipeline commercialization efforts. This is a senior leadership role in BioMarin’s Commercial organization. This role will report to the SVP, US Commercial Operations and serve on the Regional Commercial and the Global Market Access leadership teams.
- Directly lead BioMarin’s US Market Access function, which is responsible for gaining and maintaining reimbursement of approximately $900M USD in 2023.
- Hire, manage and oversee training for all members of the US Market Access team. Currently this includes 18 FTEs.
- Work with direct reports to engage with outside organizations and customers including Payers, PBM’s, Specialty Pharmacies, Specialty Distributors, and consultants.
- Responsible for all pricing research and ultimately decisions in the US
- Partner with Global Market Access, Global Brand and WWRD teams to guide our clinical development programs from a US access perspective.
- Guide and direct our overall access strategy, and the execution of those plans to gain optimal coverage for marketed and pipeline products. This includes:
- The development and pull through of payer strategy and tactics, including innovative contracting solutions.
- Continue to refine our specialty distribution strategy for all marketed and soon to be marketed products
- Oversee all US Health Technology Assessment activities (eg ICER, etc.).
- Engage with US payer customers, specialty pharmacies and distributors
- Partner effectively with the US Sales, Marketing, and Patient Access Services teams.
- Provide counsel, leadership and partnership with and to BioMarin’s US Commercial management and global commercial executive Teams.
- Provide expert, informed insight to drive effective and timely decision making across a broad array of topics impacting the performance of the US Commercial business.
- Minimum 10 years of related commercial experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- 5+ years of direct experience with US Payers, Specialty Pharmacies, and Specialty Distribution Channels
- Established and actionable relationships within the top tier US payer organizations.
- A current understanding of the US Payer and Specialty Distribution landscape and a deep understanding of contracting strategies
- 5+ years of leadership experience involving the management of Commercial disciplines including Managed Markets and Market Access Strategy
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams
- Experience with Rare Disease products in a competitive environment is required.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Desire to work in a high energy Commercial environment with multiple competing priorities
- A professional that highly values patient-centricity, respect, accountability, innovation, ethics, and continuous learning
- Bachelor’s degree required
- JD or MBA preferred
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Please note: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job is posted by BioMarin.
This link brings you to the website of BioMarin.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!