Maple Grove, MN / Marlborough, MA, US.
The Senior Manager, HEMA – will be responsible for health policy and reimbursement initiatives in support of a $3B+ market-leading Boston Scientific Business. This role involves cross-functional and global collaboration to execute on market access initiatives and facilitate appropriate reimbursement for existing and emerging technologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement, and manage health economics and reimbursement activities, for the Structural Hearth Valves Therapies Business, including TAVR, SENTINEL, TMVR, and novel first-to-market therapies.
- Lead execution of market access and reimbursement strategies in the US and support implementation in global markets.
- Serve as SHV lead in the review and analysis of annual CMS rulemaking for IPPS, OPPS, ASC and PFS. Collaborate with HEMA Analysts to prepare internal and external communications. Collaborate with Corporate HEMA team to develop comments in response to topics of importance to the SHV with strategic guidance from HEMA Directors to positively influence our business.
- Monitor and health policy developments that impact reimbursement of BSC products and educate key stakeholders.
- Manage tactical activities required to achieve health economics and market access strategic objectives (e.g. coding applications, clinical trial reimbursement, data analytics).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in the development and communication of economic value messages to support product adoption.
- Create and develop HEMA materials to support the SHV business.
- Identify opportunities for HEMA data analytics (e.g. market assessments, forecasting, pricing strategies and RWE analyses)
- Provide general reimbursement support to sales team and key external stakeholders (e.g., hospitals, clinicians, investigator sites).
- Deliver internal training to sales, marketing, clinical, regulatory, and legal colleagues to increase awareness and understanding of health economics and reimbursement competencies and their role in supporting a product’s success.
- Bachelor’s degree in health policy, health economics, healthcare administration, health services research, or similar discipline
- 6+ years of experience in the medical industry, including experience supporting reimbursement strategies for a medical device manufacturer.
- Strong understanding of US health care policy and payment systems, including hospital inpatient and outpatient, and physician reimbursement.
- Experience with health policy development and Federal rule making processes (e.g. CMS).
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Domestic travel estimated at 20%, including overnight travel.
- Working knowledge of answering health economic questions using large datasets.
- Understanding of hospital financial systems and management practices.
- Understand and interpretate clinical and economic evidence.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Advanced degree such as an MS, MPH, MBA, MPH, MHA in health policy, health economics, healthcare administration, health services research, or similar discipline
- Cardiology industry experience
- Familiar with global market access requirements.
- Experience with Health Technology Assessment (HTA).
- Experience with new technology reimbursement pathways, particularly device.
Requisition ID: 573838
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a prohibited substance free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.
This job ad will be unpublished on 28/12/2023.
This job is posted by Boston Scientific.
This link brings you to the website of Boston Scientific.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!